chapter forty-eight: priceless

Haemi's expression changes every now and then as she watches Eunwol's webdrama on her laptop.
"Damn, I didn't know you could act like that."

  "I know, right? Looks so real," Daia adds and turns to the actress. "Are the emotions real?"

  Moon scans her teammates' faces that stare at her so attentively.
"All the laughter and fun was, yes. But, the anger and all, I had to act them out. In fact, they were harder to do."

  "How about the sad parts?" Yena, their observant, sentimental leader asks.

  Moon leans back on her chair slowly as she stirs her cereal-milk combo. "They were comparatively easier to act."

  The three others comfort her with their smiles. They know her story enough to understand.

  A chime emits from her phone and she checks- lips forming a grin and her group mates instantly know who it is.

[fullsun🌻]:
Did you see?

[moon🌙]:
what?

[fullsun🌻]:
Our webdrama achieved one of the
hughest ratings ever recorded

[moon🌙]:
FORREAL??

  And just right after, her manager sent her an image of articles raving positively about their webdrama.

  Not too mention, the ratings left on their site.

[Wollie❤️]:
I JIST SAW IT
CONGRATS TO USSS, THE CAST
AND THE PRODUCTION TEAM

  Haechan can feel her immense excitement even through her text and he types in a new message.

[Fullsun☀️]:
Let's meet up and celebrate

[Wollie❤️]:
sure, where?

[Fullsun☀️]:
What do you want to eat?

[Wollie❤️]:
Hotpot!

[Fullsun☀️]:
Hotpot it is

-

  Haechan sits at the bus stop- playing his phone and blending in with others as his large coat's collar and cap help with covering him up other than his mask and glasses.

  Thank goodness, it's around the cold season so everyone's started wearing big jackets and warmers as well.

  "Hohoho," someone suddenly, mimics Santa behind him and he whips his head, surprised to see Wollie hiding behind the thick faux fur of her jacket's hood and she snickers.
"You looked so shock."

  "When did you come?"

  "Been sitting here for a while but you didn't notice because you're so occupied with your phone," she muffles behind her mask and pulls him by the hand. "Let's go. I'm hungry."

  They walk with him behind and her in front, her hand warmly in his and her legs taking short, fast steps compared to his that take longer, slower strides.

  "You walk like a baby chicken," Donghyuck said after observing her quick steps.

  Eunwol turned and furrowed at him. "A baby chicken is called a chick, Hyuck. Besides, why would you even think I walk like them? I got feet with toes not webbed feet."

  "You know how they always walk fast to follow their mom and they make these pitter-patter sounds? It's like I can hear those sounds coming from your walk," he chuckled and Eunwol stared at her walking fashion.

  ...He wasn't wrong.

  She tossed his hand away and rushed off.

  "Ya! Where are you going?? Let's go together!!" Donghyuck shouted and raced after her.

  Wollie raised her fists. "I shall not be compared with a baby chicken! I'm gonna eat fried chicken later on! I can't have that on my conscience!"

  The male idol scoffed at her silly reason. "Fine! You're not a chick! You're cuter! A very adorable human! So, can you hold my hand back now!"

  "No! I'm lactose intolerant!"

  He frowned in confusion. "Lactose intoleraㅡ YAH! You calling me cheesy??"

  She shrieked at the sound of his fast approaching, booming footsteps and only a second later, she was caught in his arms.

  The elderlies who were strolling and stretching at the park that early morning, laughed at the endearing sight of the lovely couple that reminded them of their younger days.

  "What soup do you want later on?" The Eunwol of the present suddenly, asks and Haechan focuses on her- admiring her perfect side profile that even the lowest quality of cameras can never tarnish.

  And these moments with her?

  He squeezes her hand that settles in his again and she turns at the feeling of it.

  "What?" She asks.

  He smiles. "Just wanted to make sure this is real and not another dream I'd eventually have to wake up to."

  A faint smile places on her face- relating with his words all too well and they continue walking again.

  He sighs contentedly.

  These moments are simply priceless.