chapter thirty-two: falling

Donghyuck stands with the NCT 127 members- looking around and waving at the charmed, squealing fans surrounding them.

He basks in their affection and adoration, enjoying the attention and poses for the fansite cameras every once in a while.

But it all turns upside down in a blink.

"THAT'S HER! THAT'S THE MYSTERY STAFF!"

"GET HER!"

Hyuck follows their angry pointing and gapes when he sees Eunwol.

Fans roar and start hurling their things at the poor girl, irrational and ruthless as jealousy overtakes them.

Haechan watches in shock as she retreats and stumbles- crashing the makeup box down on the floor.

"No..." He mumbles as she panics about the ruined equipment- her vigorously trembling hands trying to scavenge those that she can.

"No, no, Eunwolㅡ" he takes a step closer but is beaten by Doyoung who rushes to the girl and acts as her shield.

Not wanting to harm their beloved idol, the fans restrain themselves from attacking the petite staff who's hidden perfectly behind his frame.

Donghyuck's heart cracks, dispirited and guilty on how he couldn't save her and he takes another step before being yanked by the arm.

"Hyung! Wha- Let me go! I need to be there! Eunwolㅡ"

"No! You're not going anywhere!" His manager objects sternly. "You'll only make things worse!"

"NO! I WON'Tㅡ"

"Just get in the car and look at what's going on!"

The older forces him in and throws him the electronic tablet.

"What... is this?" Donghyuck gasps in disbelief as he scrolls the page filled with articles of him- more accurately, her.

NCT HAECHAN SEEN GOING ON MORE
DATES WITH AN ANONYMOUS.
NETIZENS SUSPECT THAT IT MIGHT
BE THE 'MYSTERY STAFF'

IS NCT HAECHAN DATING? MOREOVER,
WITH A STAFF?

FANS OF NCT ARE ENRAGED AT THE
MOST RECENT SCANDAL OF
HAECHAN × MYSTERY DATE

NCTZENS ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT
WHO IS THIS MYSTERY DATE
OF DONGHYUCK

IDENTITY OF NCT'S FAMOUS 'MYSTERY
STAFF' LEAKED?? [PICTURES INCLUDED]

NETIZENS FIND 'MYSTERY STAFF'S'
SNS ACCOUNT AND ARE MAKING HER
GO VIRAL

#MYSTERYSTAFF #MYSTERYSTAFFIDENTITY
#NCTHAECHANGIRLFRIEND #NCTHAECHANDATING ARE TRENDING
IN SOCIALS

FAMOUS 'MYSTERY STAFF' INVOLVED
IN NCT'S DONGHYUCK SCANDAL TURNS OUT TO
BE NCT'S MAKEUP ARTIST [WITH
EVIDENCE]

His fluster and fright are as clear as day as he skims through them. One, in particular, catches his eyes.

PROVIDER FOR NCT HAECHAN'S
DATING SCANDAL INFORMATION GIVES
VERIFICATION FOR THE IDOL AND
STAFF DATING CLAIMS

Mr.Kim, who plays a main role in providing evidence regarding the NCT Haechan and 'Mystery Staff' dating scandal have released more images of the pair's frequent meet-ups.

The pictures expose both Haechan and the 'Mystery Staff' as they go on dates. In these pictures, they are clearly showing signs of romantic affection and are now, officially known as a couple.

The provider have also, given pictures of NCT's Lee Donghyuck going on frequent late night trips to an unknown destination where he tends to return from during early in the morning.

From further discussions, we have speculated that he may have been having meet-ups with the 'Mystery Staff.'

This newly known fact is bringing an uproar among netizens and and fans are heartbroken... read more

"You see?" Donghyuck's manager takes away the gadget from him.
"Going out there would've made things bad than they already are. This is better for you."

"How do you know?" Haechan suddenly, queries. His tone is low and his head down.

"What?"

"How do you know that this would be better for me?!" He explodes and whips his head towards the other as he drives.

Donghyuck's hands are clenched into painful fists yet, the pain is simply ignored by his anger.
"It's better for my image, that's right! But not for me."

He rephrases his manager's claim.

"Haechan-ah, just stay calm and listen for a bit, hm?"

"No! You listen to me! Eunwol got hurt! I'm supposed to be with her! Protect her! But instead, I'm running away!" The idol argues. "Bring me back to her!"

"NO. And that's final!"

"HYUNGㅡ"

"It's either you meet her right now and make it the last or you meet her some other day," the manager threatens. "Choose."

Donghyuck grits his teeth and smashes his fist against the window, boiled over the limit before he leans himself back aggressively.

Tears brim in his red eyes and lips quiver as he tries to refrain from shattering at that very moment.