twenty eight: perfect for two

"Are you okay?" Donghyuck asks during the call with Eunwol.

The girl smiles though, knowing he won't be able to see it. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

A while of silence follows from the other line.

"The article... did you see it?"

Eunwol puts her chin on her palm, supporting her head up as it seems to get heavier and heavier with thoughts. "Mhm. I did. But, it's going to be okay. We made sure to wear our masks, right?"

"Yeah, we did."

And comes the quiet again.

They're both drowned in their minds, knowing exactly that they, themselves, are not fine but, the claim of the other saying they are makes them hide their true voices.

Donghyuck ponders, index finger tapping against his thigh beneath the blanket and he sighs through his nose.
"Wollie-yah, let's meet up."

"Right now? This late?"

The surprise in her tone is apparent and he habitually nods. "Yeah."

"But where? What if there are reporters around?"

"I'll be extra careful. Besides, when it's this late, usually they'd be at home thinking that we're asleep."

"...Okay. Where do you want to meet? Make sure it's private and safe."

Eunwol waits and thinks as well as he contemplates- swinging her head back on forth on her arm when a location pops in her head.

"What about my house?"

Hyuck pauses before emitting, a gentle yet, shocked,
"What?"

-

The midnight bus arrives and he scans around inconspicuously for suspicious figures before climbing the vehicle.

Fortunately, after him, no one enters and it relieves him- assuring him that no one's following him.

After a while of a ride and a few stops, he arrives and he stands in front of her humble abode.

Ding! Dong!

Haechan listens to his heart as it becomes more and more thunderous- until the door abruptly swings open.

His eyes rake her form from head to toe and the image of a smile appears at her large, soft pink jammies and fluffy, freshly dried hair.

Everything is just so... her.

"What are you doing? Get in," she hastes, being extra cautious and tugs him inside to escape the probability of prying eyes.

Donghyuck naturally starts to look around the little, homey house. It's like a little cottage with a modern, minimalistic touch.

The furniture and objects are in soft pastel or cool, solid colours with a few exceptions of shiny, rose gold and silver decorations.

Despite it being quite a cute sized house, it looks spacious and comfortable due to her minimalism.

Donghyuck gets lost in his thoughts amidst admiring her abode.
It's a perfect house for two....

Wait, what?

"Nice place," he quickly diverts his own wonder when she passes by him.

She heads straight to the kitchen. "Thanks. Want something to drink? Tea? Fruit juice?"

"Any."

"Juice it is."

Clinks from the glass cups and the sound of the opening refrigerator door echo in the two rooms.

But, the rushed beating of their hearts are louder than any other.