Explainations Needed

A/n: Sorry if chapters are taking long I'm trying to keep updating this Fanfic and an Eren one. Thank you so much for 1K+ reads! I really appreciate all the votes and comments you have left on this story! Thanks again!

POV: Y/n

"Isabel?", I say shock plainly written all over my face as I scoot closer to the girl. The younger girl frantically nodded. I was too shocked to realise the two boys exchanging glances behind me.

Levi didn't seem all too impressed, but then again he never did, as he glanced from Farlan to me then to Isabel.

"You know her?", he asked nonchalantly. Making eye contact with Isabel again who gulped in fear.
Levi may be short be Ive learned people still found him hella intimidating.

"Yeah? Duh?", I answered back sarcastically earning a scowl from the dark haired boy. Farlan snickered behind me as Isabel looked at me with shear wonder over how I daringly responded to Levi's question.

But her attention was soon captured by the movement in her hands, a bird tried desperately to flap its wings even though one appeared broken. I reached out for the bird and Isabel noticing this brought the bird up and into everyone's line of sight.

"I found this bird but it appears to have broken its wing. I think it must have gotten in threw an air duct or something... I just wanted to help it.", Isabel told us as she gently tried to cup the flailing bird in her hands.

"Well holding like that isn't going to help it, tch",Levi suddenly stepped in and took the bird from Isabel and walked over to where we kept our first aid.

"Since when were you an expert on helping birds?", I muttered as I heard Isabel stifle a laugh behind me. Levi's head immediately whipped around and glared daggers and me and Isabel, who slapped her hand over her mouth and in an attempt to stop laughing.

This time Farlan was the one to laugh, only this time he was laughing at Isabel and I. He shook his head - still smiling - before walking over to Levi and assisting him with helping the injured bird; leaving me alone with Isabel.

My eyes wondered over the familiar girl, like me she had grown. Her hair was slightly longer than it had been and she wore a dirty torn shirt, with not much cleaner trousers. Her shoes were a whole other story, there were holes in the sole and did almost nothing to protect her dirty bleeding feet. I always thought the girl had pretty green eyes, they were bright with a naive light of childhood innocence but now there was very little left of that naive light. She had grown both physically and emotionally it appears, and I didn't know whether to be proud or sad. It was common, especially for girls down here to grow up too fast.

I gave the girl a small smile before standing up and offered my hand to pull her up. She accepted and I easily brought her to her feet before I gestured for her to follow me to my room. Despite us probably being the same age, Isabel was bigger than me and I struggled to find some clothes I could give her that would fit her. Eventually I came across the clothes Levi had given me and a pair of Farlans old shoes, I gave these to her to try on and left my room to give Isabel some privacy.

Isabel was overjoyed. Commenting on how well kept and clean the clothes were, though I wasn't surprised they were Levi's hand-me-downs after all.

After the squealing had stopped and I had thrown Isabels old clothes away, we rejoined the boys who were sitting in the middle of the main room. Levi was holding the injured bird that now had a bandage around it wing and Farlan was reading through some papers, muttering to Levi about job requests and possible merchants visiting the underground.

Levi looked up at the sound of our approaching footsteps, noticing Isabels change of clothes looked familiar.

"Ta da", I exclaimed while motioning my hands in the clean Isabel's direction. The raven haired boy looked to me with a raised eyebrow while Farlan laughed and clapped.

Isabel grabbed the ends of her shirt and curtsied as if she was wearing a skirt and laughed. I smiled at the warm welcome the boys gave Isabel and walked the two of us over to the worn couches in the main room.

Levi watched carefully as we sat down next to each other.

"Care to explain yet Y/n?", he asked monotonously gesturing to Isabel and I.

Isabel tensed beside me but I held her hand as I began to explain just how I'd met the girl that would soon becomes the next member of our family.