An Agreement

Farlan Church POV:

"Oh and I'm Farlan Church by the way", I said with a genuine smile.

The girl still looked cautious but introduced herself anyway, probably as not to seem rude.

" I'm (Y/n)", she said simply with no hint of emotion on her face, she almost reminded me of a certain midget. Almost.

"So..." she continued," you're the one that's been watching me, right?"

Damn... no beating around the bush with this one.

*** Flashback ***

It's been a couple days since I visited the cave. I had just finished with a mission so I'd decided to go check it out again, that girl and how she had that book was intriguing.

However, when I got there, I was surprised. There was not a trace or any indication that someone had once resided in there. She must of left...

But why? Is it because I found that book? No, there must be something else she is hiding, or maybe someone she is hiding from? I'm not sure but I do know for sure is that no one in there right mind would leave this sort of safety for a book, even if it was illegal to possess. This is the underground for gods sake.

So why? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least curious. I had some time on my hands so I decided I'd do some investigating...

*** End of Flashback ***

And that brings me to where I am now, eyebrows raised and staring at the small ( h/c) girl in front of me.

So she's put two and two together huh? She's smart and got good unitive. I've seen that She's already a pretty good thief, she could benefit us a lot if we gave her some extra training...

From what I could tell when I visited the cave she could read which means she must have some form of education and I could teach her more if she joined us. Not only would we benefit from this but we will also be providing her with meals and a roof over her head. It would help her and that's a plus to me any day .

And I think I might've taken a liking to this girl, from what I've seen while I was watching her , sounds creepy I know, I've seen glimpses of her personality. She's kind, caring, can be a bit sassy and feisty but can also be sympathetic and gentle.

I can definitely see myself befriending (Y/n) so why not recruit her? I've already decided, and let's pray to god that Levi doesn't kill me when he finds out.

"I admit it, I've been watching you but not for the reason your probably assuming", I begin. " I'm a thief like you, and me and my partner have been stealing to earn enough money to leave this place and I thought we could use an extra pair of hands"

(Y/n) nodded for me to continue. Still skeptical as ever.

" Now I know for a fact your an experienced thief, you've got talent and I was wondering if you were interested-"

"No", she said bluntly, cutting me off. I opened my mouth to continue but she cut me off, again.

" how exactly am I benefiting from this?" (Y/n) said looking me in the eyes with her arms crossed over her chest. She looked unimpressed but her eyes showed caution.

" I was about to get to that part", I sighed, looking down for a moment before redirecting my gaze to the girl in front of me " if you were to join us, you would eat with us and live with us at our house not far from here, I could educate you, teach you more on strategy if you want and most importantly you will join us when we finally have enough money to go to the surface"

(Y/n)'s demeanour suddenly changed at my last sentence, I swear I even saw her eyes sparkle at the mention of leaving this place. But she quickly composed herself and went back to being skeptical.

She probably doesn't believe me... and I don't blame her sometimes I don't believe it's possible to get out of here either...

" If I were to agree to this, you promise that you'll follow through with everything you mentioned just now?",she said and looked down at the floor, letting her hair fall over her face.

" yeah it's a promise", I said softly as I walked over to here and crouched down to her height, I think she might be shorter than Levi, I gently pulled her hair away from her face and she looked up at me.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was smiling, her (e/c) eyes filled with hope at what this new offer could bring her.

I stood back up straight and smiled down at the shorter girl, and I knew that I wanted to see that smile more often.

"Promise?", (Y/n) said, I nodded a yes in response " fine then I agree"