c h a p t e r LIV

"OKAY SO THIS IS the tricky part, they can't see our faces."

"They can't see our faces?"

"They can't see our faces."

"But why not?"

"Because they will retaliate if they do."

"But-"

"No buts."

"Fine," Sapphire shrugged, "I mean wearing a mask isn't something I usually do when vandalizing a car but if that's what you want."

"Don't say that like it's something you do often," Aviva shook her head in discouragement something she realized she came to do often since meeting Sapphire and the rest.

Sapphire frowned, "But it is."

"Anyways, they're supposed to arrive at exactly 15:45 and remember, we only care about four cars, four," Enzo said, eyeing Sapphire and Maddox.

She narrowed her eyes at Enzo, "I feel targeted."

Maddox nodded, "Yeah, I don't know why you're looking at me, we all know the one who's most likely to go rogue is Sapphire."

She nudged his ribs, "Not true!"

Sapphire, Aviva, Enzo and Maddox were hiding by the east side of the school waiting on the Hayward students' parents who came to pick up their children.

More precisely they were waiting for four parents in particular. Four parents who'd cause a lot of problems for their school, Vela, during the past years. They were opposed to the juvenile awareness program to begin with but since the school board saw it as a great opportunity for Hayward's students to educate themselves, their complaints had no impact. And since they had no impact instead the parents decided to put their efforts into lowering the reform school's funding, resulting in the lack of money in multiple areas like the sports department and more.

And so they waited for those cars, bottles of spray paint at their feet.

"Amaya and Julian already have the guard uniforms and are waiting for our signal to distract the parents and then," Enzo spun a  bottle of spray paint with a grin, "it's time for phase three of my masterplan."

A few minutes of bickering later, cars began to roll in the parking lot and once they were all in, Amaya and Julian made their appearance and led them inside the school as a distraction, pretending the directors wanted to have a chat with them.

Quickly, the four delinquents grabbed the bottles of spray paint and made their way to the targeted cars.

"You sprayed butterflies next to cuss words," Maddox stated taking a look at the car Sapphire was busy redecorating.

"Yes, I did," she answered confidently with a smile, "and next I'm doing rainbows."

"Rainbows," he repeated in a mocking tone.

"Are you making fun of me?" She turned to look at him before her gaze drifted to his car, "What even is that?"

"It's a cat."

"A cat?"

"A cat."

"You have the chance to make any graffiti you could possibly make," Sapphire made big gestures with her hands, emphasizing on the 'any', "and you go with a cat."

Maddox scowled at her, "This," he shook the spray paint bottle, "is not my thing." And then he muttered, "Shop lifting is easier, you don't have to spend time thinking about a drawing all you to do is subtly take what you want."