c h a p t e r XXXIX

thanks for the feedback on the cover people and enjoy xx

• • •

"SAPPHIRE CAIN!!! MOVE YOUR ASS, IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!"

Sapphire turned on her bed as she rubbed her eye, "Christmas? What?"

"COME ON YOU'RE GOING TO MISS IT!!!"

"Huh?"

What the hell is going on?

You're definitely still dreaming

"SAPPHIRE I AM GOING TO KNOCK THE DOOR DOWN IF YOU DON'T GET OUT IN THE NEXT 5 SECONDS!!"

Or not

"Too much shouting," she mumbled groggily her face in her pillow.

BANG.

"And the door's down," a voice said in satisfaction before shouting again, "YOU'RE STILL IN BED??"

"Go away," Sapphire's muffled voice tried to shout.

"Sapphire if you don't get ready now you're going to miss all the kids coming today and you won't get to scare any."

Sapphire gasped, "No way I'm missing this!!!!"

And she jumped off her bed and rushed to the bathroom with her uniform.

She was ready in two minutes, wearing the black long sleeved shirt tucked in her beige skirt. Her blond hair was in a messy bun over her head and a few loose strands framed her face.

"Shit I can't find any of my hoodies," she mumbled as she searched in her dorm before turning to the person who turned out to be Aviva, "Do you have any I could borrow."

"We don't have time, just take one of Maddox's," Aviva shrugged.

Sapphire thought of the consequences of breaking in Maddox's dorm and stealing a hoodie.

It's not breaking in if he leaves his door open right?

Right

"Yeah that's good," Sapphire replied before running out and in Maddox's dorm.

He was already downstairs with the rest so meeting him in some awkward circumstances was not possible to her joy.

She went to his closet and grabbed a white hoodie and put it on. It smelled like every piece of clothing that went in Vela's laundry, but it still had a comforting warmth to it.

"I'm ready," she said as she left Maddox's dorm room and started walking to the elevator where Aviva was waiting.

"Great, he won't kill you for taking that right?" Aviva asked pointing to her clothes.

"Oh now you're unsure about this?" Sapphire raised her eyebrows.

The elevator dinged.

Aviva then shrugged, a knowing glint in her eyes, "Eh, he probably won't."