c h a p t e r XXVI

"PAINTING?" HE REPEATED UNSURE if his ears were failing him

She frowned, "I'm pretty sure that's what I just said."

Maddox chuckled, "I don't paint, you saw the empty canvas in art class Sapphire."

"Yes, another reason why we're painting today," she grinned.

He frowned, "Is it because I woke you up? Because if it is I promise I won't do it again, I learned my lesson, no need for painting."

She shrugged, "Well you don't really have a choice so?"

He smirked, taking a step closer, "You're going to make me?"

She did the same leaving a few inches between their faces, "I will."

His smirk grew, "And how are you going to do that?"

She smiled, "It just so happened your phone didn't have a password, so I took the liberty to put one."

His smirk dropped, "You didn't."

Her smile grew, "Oh I did."

He narrowed his eyes at her, "You know how I said I started hating you less, that was a lie."

She smirked, "We both know that's not true. Now come on, we're going to eat and then we will show our inner Bob Rosses."

He grunted, "I don't like Bob Ross, he speaks like a turtle."

"What does that even mean?" She laughed, exiting the dorm.

He mumbled some reply she didn't catch and they got on the elevator. Together they headed to the cafeteria and directly to the kitchen to make themselves some breakfast. Sapphire had made some waffles and eggs while Maddox ate some toast sitting on the counter.

"How come the cooks aren't here?" Sapphire asked taking a bite of her waffle.

"What would you prefer sleeping in or feeding the criminals?" Maddox asked.

She shrugged, "When you put it like that."

"WHAT ARE YOU DELINQUENTS DOING IN MY KITCHEN?!" The familiar cook's voice shouted at them.

"Gloria, how are you?" Sapphire asked hopping off the counter with a nervous smile.

Gloria glared at them before speaking with her tick Russian accent,  "Sapphire, you have exactly ten seconds to get out before I kick both you and boyfriend's asses."