Chapter 3

Dale and I continued to glare at each other while we wait for the coach to go over the rules with us.  I started to unknowingly pay attention to his features. The slight dimple in his cheeks, the way he stands so masculine, his light brown hair and emerald green eyes staring back at me questioningly. This could've been the man of my dreams if he wasn't such a dickhead. Why would he even reject me, I'm not overconfident but I know I'm beautiful with my hazel eyes, average height, and shiny brown hair.

"Are you done checking me out?" He snickered and I felt my cheeks redden from embarrassment. How desperate can I look again? But I knew I couldn't let his ego boost anymore than it already is. 

"Fuck you, Dale." It came out harsher than I intended it to, but I'll take it. I heard him growl after my little comment, guess he took it as disrespect, oh well. Just when he was about to speak up and probably say something even more vile and distasteful our coach came up to us. 

"Alright! I want a clean fight. You cannot change into your wolves, submission is allowed whether it is forcefully or not, please limit the inappropriate touching and that goes for you as well White. Weapons are allowed, fatal and deadly blows are not. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir." We said in sync and began taking our stance. 

~**********~

All I have to do is pin the alpha, no big deal right? Dale and I decided against weapons because we wanted to prove who was the best. I took one final deep breath to calm my nerves and looked into those emerald eyes that'll never love me. My wolf howled in sadness when we thought about him, but then I remembered the rejection and growled. 

"BEGIN!" I glanced at the coach and gave him a short nod then went back to my fighting stance. Dale started walking towards me slowly trying to figure out my fighting pattern, while I took one step back with every step he took forward. I couldn't lose this fight, I had to at least make him bleed before the bell rings. I needed a plan. I looked back at Dale still trying to close the distance between us and sucked my bottom lip in. 

His eyes quickly went from my eyes to my lips in seconds but came back up when he caught himself. I smirked proudly knowing I have some kind of effect on him and taught maybe I could use this as my advantage. 

"What are you waiting for Dale? A fucking invitation?" His eyes started to change color signaling that I'm getting on his nerves. Considering he's an alpha this will happen quicker than normal wolves, but I loved every second of it.

He growled and decided to make the first move running straight ahead. I easily rolled out of his way and regained my posture. I need to make his wolf lust over me if I want to at least have a chance at this fight. While I was in my own world thinking of a game strategy I didn't notice when Dale snuck up to the side of me and delivered a blow to my left cheek. My hand instantly went to my face and I stumbled back a bit. It felt like he's using his full strength so I must really have pissed in his coffee.

"You want to fight me, Samantha? Fight me..." He glared at me and waited. 

I closed the space between us and delivered a blow to his stomach. He crouched over for a second but got up and punched me in the face again. 

When I tried to step back and take a breath he ran into me again, swinging, kicking, and punching. It was hard keeping up with him, so I know I probably look battered and bruised. My mouth started to fill with a metabolic liquid known as blood and I felt the pain of every blow delivered starting to take its reign. I can't give up now, I came so far, didn't I?

 I know Dale assumes I'm going to hit him in the stomach so instead I'll aim for his feet. If my calculations are correct he should be down for 5 seconds and get right back to kicking my ass.