Chapter 8

"Not going to lie you did a good job today" said Jose from the hotel room to Erik as he freshen up in the bathroom. The door was lock hence a sigh escaped Erik. "Boy you okay" asked Jose with the tone of his voice now stronger.

"Ya- yeah just going to take a quick shower" replied Erik. His heart still pounding for he knew what would go down once he exited this safe haven of his (reference to the bathroom)
As he changed a pinching pain could be felt along his left ankle, it looked alright yet when he pressed upon his skin a shooting pain took over his whole leg. He shrugged it off for it wasn't the first time he twisted his ankle.

"Finally. What the hell took you so long, putting on compact or something" Said Jose as Erik exited the bathroom, now dressed in white formal pants along with a white collared button down Polo shirt. His eyes fixed on Erik as if like a predator had made a decision on its prey.

What followed was something barbaric and truly vile for it was something no child should have to endure.

"Come on boy, wear your shoes and meet me downstairs" said Jose as he buckled his belt and left the room. Tears flooded Erik's eyes, his jaw shivered. This was the last time he whispered under us breath.
Pushing all emotions aside he made his way back to the party.

'Well played son'
'Awesome serves kid'
'Guess all that practice payed off huh'

Stated all the rich and famous of Beverly Hills, Erik smiled his way through, making his way towards the one pillar that held him up and prevented him from crashing. His brother, Lyle.

"Well played E" said Lyle as he put his arm around his 17year old brothers neck in a playful manner.

"Thanks" replied Erik shyly as many surrounded him, that being Ariel, Rebecca and Scarlett.

"Seriously you were like really good" said Scarlett with a smile plastered over her face.
Before Erik could reply he was cut off by another announcement through the many speakers that surrounded them.

The event went on, it was 6:30pm and people finally started to leave. "Hey, imma go drop Rebecca back at her place, see you at home" said Lyle as he left his brother's side.

"Hey Erik! You played real well today" said Mike as he approached, "I was hoping we could hang out again? And maybe play some COD" asked Mike.

"Sure, yeah anytime" said Erik with a friendly smile "just let me know when" he continued.

"Oh Mike dear your mother is looking for you and your sister" said kitty as she approached the two boys "oh and well played Erik" she continued

"See yah later then, bye" said Mike as he left Erik's side.

***Later***
9pm
"I'm heading down" said Scarlett as she slipped on a pair of her fluffy night slippers.

"Heading where?" asked Mike as he sat up in his bed

"Down?? As in at the pool side or something" replied Scarlett "what I can't go somewhere without you?" Continued Scarlett.

"Whatever, I just asked" said Mike before rolling his eyes and returning back to watching his movie.

***Down stairs***
As Scarlett approached the pool, surprisingly no one was around hence she took a seat close by along with her phone. The bright screen truly did distract her, at-least up until a loud splash caught her ear. Looking up from her iPhone she saw a person had just jumped into the pool for a swim.

Ignoring the sight at first for she did not care who swam yet not too later she couldn't stop herself from looking. Who ever it was, was fast and not to mention seemed pretty good but then again Scarlett was a shitty swimmer so she thought anyone and everyone was a better swimmer then her.

The swimmer came to a halt as he reached the end, Scarlett not realising kept looking/staring. The young man followed to take his swimmers cap off along with his Goggles. He made his way out the pool to a seat not too far from where Scarlett sat. Realising how close he was Scarlett returned back to her phone, pretending to read something if not watch.

"Hey" said the young male, his voice was light but not too light. It had a sense of comfort oddly enough, it almost felt like Scarlett had heard this voice before and she wasn't wrong.

"Erik?" Said Scarlett as she lifted her eyes off her phone, "oh my god it's you, I thought you guys went home" continued Scarlett.

"Yeaa.. my parents and all did, I kinda stuck back for a swim" replied Erik as he used a Towel to dry his chocolate brown locks.

"Don't you guys have a pool at your place" stated Scarlett as she put her phone to a side and sat properly to get a better look at the youngest Menendez.

"Yeah but it's not as big" replied Erik as he looked towards the pool.

The area was well lit yet not quite, the pool was visibly a light aquatic blue and light polls surrounded each end of it.

 "So you swim" asked Erik as he tried to keep the conversation going

"Not really.. but yeah. I mean I know how to swim but I suck" replied Scarlett with an awkward smile.

The two chatted away yet not for too long for Scarlett was to return back to her room and Erik to his dungeon of a home. Whilst the two spoke them seemed to have made a plan to hang out the next day.

Note:
I know this chapter wasn't as long but I promise the upcoming chapters will definitely be better and longer, p.s I'm thinking of doing a time jump so lemme know if you guys are chill with that cuz I seriously think a time jump will do a well with the continuing of the story. Also if there are EVER any steamy scenes I'll put a warning ⚠️ so y'all know and if some of you wanna skip it.

Don't forget to
Vote comment and share