Chapter 24

***CONTINUATION***
As the night went on, the two talked continuously for after the food arrived the awkwardness seemed to have disappeared into thin air.

"Your bill sir" said the waiter as he placed the recipe in front of Erik

"Oh lemme see" said Scarlett as she went in to grab the piece of paper that stated their dues

"Oh lemme see" said Scarlett as she went in to grab the piece of paper that stated their dues. She scanned the bill with her eyes whilst her hand made its  way toward her purse.

Whilst reaching to her purse Erik yanked [in a playful manner] the recipe out of her hand.
"Hey! It's on me" he said looking at her with a smile.

"What? Come on, it's only fair that I pay my half" said Scarlett fiercely.
"Yeah well maybe next time" said Erik cheekily as he handed the waiter his card.

"Look I honestly didn't mind paying for myself, in a matter of fact I don't let anyone do anything for me; specially when it comes to money,I guess I don't wanna be in dept to anyone.." continued Scarlett as the waiter left their sight. Her arms now rested on the table and her body leaned in.

Her statement caused a smirk to appear on Erik's face for he truly found Scarlett just fascinating.
"Well who said you'd ever be in dept to me" he replied back huskily, his body language now the same as Scarlett. Leaning in as his arms rested upon the wooden table top.

The waiter returned with the receipt and card,
"Sir the card seemed to be declined" stated the waiter in a monotone voice.

This caught Erik off guard for he didn't expect that,
"What??" He asked out loud for this had never happened to him before.

"The card was declined sir" repeated the waiter.

Acknowledging  the awkwardness Scarlett butt in and said the following, "hey, take mine" and the waiter did as he was told.

She looked over to the embarrassed Erik who seemed to be on his phone checking with his accountant that what seemed to be the issue. His brows narrowed and as for his lips, they were as thin as a string.

***As they exited the restaurant***
The valet brought fourth Erik's car as the two waited side by side, there hands just inches apart. Oh how badly did he want to hold on to her, speak to her yet out of embarrassment not a single word could escape him.

"So.. the food was pretty good" said Scarlett breaking the silence as the two sat within the car.

***note***
Alright so far so good? :)
Anyway what y'all think so far? Btw isn't it odd the millionaire Hollywood hottie's credit card seem to be getting declined...? Odd huh well let's see what's next!

Btw we're so close to 3K readers!! Can't believe it's only been like 3weeks since I started writing this book! It's crazy and all thanks to y'all:)
Don't forget to
VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.