Chapter 17

***A few days later***
It was a Friday after afternoon, Scarlett was to meet Erik at the Carlton hotel for they'd made plans the weekend before. As she reached her destination, she was escorted by the oh so wise old looking man toward the Menendez suite. You see the hotel might've not officially been open to the public yet but the family still stayed in there very own penthouse on the 30th floor.

The doors of the glass lift slide open, it was right in the middle of the apartment

The doors of the glass lift slide open, it was right in the middle of the apartment. The wise old man gestured for Scarlett to exit it hence she did yet she did not know what to do next since the man now left her alone in this Morden day palace.

The floors were wooded and to her left was a colour coordinated living room whilst on her right were wooded steps that lead upstairs, probably to the second floor. The place had a unique smell to it, fresh yet floral, almost like a forest. It was pleasant.

Looking around to see no sign of human life Scarlett took out her phone and texted Erik, 'hey.. i just reached, where are you:)' she messaged.
Oddly enough she heard a phone ding not too close by but close enough to be heard, hence she texted him again '?'
Once again the 'ding' was heard, she made her way towards the living room to find his phone laying on one of the L shaped sofas. 'Great! How the hell am I suppose to reach him no' she thought to her self. For a second she thought about going back downstairs to ask the hotel worker yet she realised this was a private suite, there was no way in or out with out a private suit card. A sigh escaped Scarlett for now she felt trapped though that trapped feeling didn't last long.

A loud shout was heard from a room across. It sounded like a man, supposing it's Erik she made her way towards this door that stood out, it was creaked open hence she could easily see who it was.

⚠️WARNING ⚠️  Some words used in the following paragraph will be homophobic

⚠️WARNING ⚠️ 
Some words used in the following paragraph will be homophobic. I do not condone in using such slurs but it's for the book so I hope you guys understand.

"You FUCKIN FAGGot!" Said a mean and heavy voice, it was definitely not Erik. This caused Scarlett to stop in her steps as she approached the room.

"Dad, listen" said another voice, calmer yet scared. It sounded like Erik.. yet not the Erik she was used to hearing. His voice trembled.

The shouts continued yet this didn't stop Scarlett, she made her way to the door, the creek allowed her to have sight of what went on inside. Erik stood across from his fathers study whilst his father, Mr.Menendez stood across.

"Your sick" said Erik, his voice shaky yet it seemed like he was taking a stand.
A laugh escaped Jose, it was laced with sarcasm
"Get your faggot ass upstairs boy" Jose said sternly, his eyes narrowed towards Erik.

Scarlett couldn't believe what was being said in this room, it was all out of context for her but she knew one thing and that being Erik wasn't gay... at-least she thought he wasn't.

"No" said Erik to his father, "we're doing this" he said back with force.

A chuckle once again escapes Jose, "sure.. get out." He said sternly. As Erik was to turn around a bash was heard causing Scarlett to take a step back. Jose threw God knows what at Erik, out of fear Scarlett had taken a step back hence lost sight of what was thrown towards Erik yet it was followed by another bash.
"YOU WILL DO AS I SAY! I'm your father and that's that" said Jose with anger in his tone.

Looking though the creek again Scarlett saw Erik now crouched down on the floor whilst his father stood over him. Glass was shattered all over the floor.

"Now get upstairs" said Jose once again.

Scarlett was frozen at what she'd just witnessed hence she did not realise her hand on the half open door, pushing further it opened wide enough for her existence to be seen by the Menendez.

What was to happen next

***note***
Alrighty so this was a short one but don't worry we'll be making em chapters longer and I promise there will be a steamy scene .. soon.. it's a surprise so y'all better keep reading:P

Anyway hope y'all liked this chapter and yes I read the dms I get from y'all in regards of what you want to happen in the upcoming chapters so don't worry I'll take your suggestions in consideration:)

Over all don't forget to
VOTE/ share and COMMENT