Chapter 18

***Authors note ***
Alright so the video I've linked above has no context what so ever to the story but I found it a while back and thought I'd share with with y'all :)
Tbh it's kinda emotional ngl... made yah gurl tear up.

**BACK TO THE STORY**
Scarlett stood as still as a statue for she went completely cold, almost as if she'd seen a ghost. Jose's eyes landed upon her, fear and anxiety consumed her, her heart raced. She wanted to run get her legs wouldn't move a muscle.

As Erik stood up, his eyes landed upon the stone cold Scarlett that stood by the door frame. Silence has now devoured the room.

"What are you doing here" said Jose sternly as he made past his work desk, whilst fixing his cufflinks.

"Um- I" were the only two words that escaped Scarlett tongue for she lowered her eyes towards the oak wood floors.

"I invited her" Said Erik taking a stand as he walked over to stand between Scarlett and his father, this act  caused Scarlett to look back up, only to see Erik stand between her and the abuser. A fresh cut was visible to her eye, upon the bridge of Erik's nose.

The tension within the room could be sliced with a knife yet luckily it faded for a third party entered.

"Honey! I was informed by our door keeper we have a guest" shouted out Kitty as she entered the penthouse. She made her way straight into the the very room the three stood in.

"My dear! What happened here" said kitty as she looked around, finally her eyes landing on Scarlett.
"Sweetie what are you doing here" continued kitty with a pleasant smile.

"I-" started Scarlett before being cut off by the beast.
"Erik invited her" said Jose, his voice now gentle and almost nothing like it was before.

"Oh well that's something! I didn't realise you two were friends" said kitty looking over to Erik and his semi bloody nose. Her expression changed, yet not as it should've. Kitty didn't seem shocked rather as if she was used it.
"And what exactly happened here" continued kitty

"Oh you you Erik, clumsy as he is. He slipped, son day drinking is definitely not the answer for a stressful day" said Jose covering up his doings.

"Well get cleaned up then" said kitty as she made her way over to Jose. Erik shook his head in disbelief and followed to barged out of the room and Scarlett followed for she didn't know where else to go, he made his way up the wooden steps from earlier leaving Scarlett alone at the end.

There was no way out of this prison of a mansion without a keycard and she didn't want to ask Mr and Mrs menendez... for it would be the last thing she'd do. Taking a deep breath she made her way up the stairs towards what she supposed was Erik's room. She knocked on the semi open door to get not reply. Entering inside witnessed a shirtless Erik exiting the bathroom (whilst still wearing pants .-.) in his hand a ice pack.

"Are you okay" said Scarlett as she entered the room and closed the room behind

"Yeah" said Erik before he was to grab a different shirt and wear it, his voice was bleak if not somber.

"I-" said Scarlett before being cut off

"I think you should go.. this wasn't a good idea" said Erik standing up.

"Okay.." said Scarlett for she  did want to intrude and what she witnessed was something truly out of this world.

The two made there way downstairs, As much as Erik wanted to be alone he still walked Scarlett to her car, not a word did the two say to one another for Scarlett feared she'd be intruding and Erik feared for his life that she knew what he endured.

"You know if you ever wanna talk about it.. I-" said Scarlett as she opened her car door. She faced Erik, she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued,
"I'm just sorry" she said.

"You don't have to be" said Erik whilst looking straight into Scarlett's eyes. This was probably the first time looked straight at him, they were just as she remembered them from 8 years ago. Tired yet full of life.

Scarlett plastered on a comforting smile as she said the following, "well u might wanna ice that cut but let me know if there's any discomfort"

"Alright" said Erik lowering his brows for he'd forgotten at that moment of Scarlett's profession.

Scarlett then drove away, she wanted to return back to her apartment yet she kept replying the what had happened before her, her thoughts wouldn't leave her. She drove for hours and hours for she found comfort whilst driving yet her mind lingered at Jose's words... what did he mean.

***note***
Ookieee so two chapters in one day!! Woohooo 🤡

I honestly hope y'all be enjoying the story so far! There is a lot more to come, there's honestly so much so let's keep our fingers crossed that it actually able to write all of it:p