Chapter 4

One year later

"Come on pumpkin, how about we go out for once, yeah"? It was pretty late. Almost midnight.

" YEAH"!!

"Okay, go get dressed while Daddy finds other things to do".

" Okay".

A four year old Marinette went off to her bedroom while Joker decided he'd get her tiny backpack ready and fill it with snacks.

If there was something he was great at, it was being a daddy. He actually enjoyed doing all of this, not really caring about anything but his little pumpkin.

"READY"!

" okay then, let's go! But, exactly, where"?

"Oh oh oh oh, uhm, the rooftops"?

" I think that's a great place".

So far, after these four years, Batman hasn't figured out the fact, that Joker was now a father. He hasn't even realized the child's existence, and that is something Joker loved keeping a secret. It made Joker feel invincible. Made him feel even more alive knowing Batman knew something was off but just couldn't figure it out.

The two went down to their basement and opened a secret compartment door that led to an underground tunnel. The two entered and walked for a while until some stairs came into view. But that was after about twenty minutes of walking.

Soon, after walking up those stairs, there was another compartment door that they opened and they made it into a warehouse.

"Now that we're here, we'll be climbing that set of ladders you see there. Do you think you'll manage"? Joker asked knowing her answer.

" of course I can"! She said proudly.

"That's my girl. And what do you do when Batman sees you and comes over"?

" I kick his butt real good"!

"And when he asks where your parents are"?

" Mind your own business sir".

"There we go. And if he really really wants to know"?

" they're watching".

"Perfect! Now, I say we go up those set of ladders and do what we must. Yeah"?

"Yes daddy"! Said the tiny bloodthirsty child.

So the two went up the ladders and were now on top. Though, the tiny child almost fell a few times, but her daddy was as encouraging as ever so even if a few steps of the ladders fell, she made it. Thanks to her great daddy. The greatest of them all.

" Look, this is where Batman is every single night". Joker pointed to some buildings away and right then and there, Batman landed with his sidekick. Or that's what Marinette saw.

"And who's the sidekick"?

"Oh, that weirdo, that's Robin. Our 'amazing' boy wonder".

" Hmm, he doesn't look that wondrous", Replied little Marinette.

"That's what I keep on thinking".

The two highfived but realized they actually made it sound super loud and both Batman and Robin turned to them. So Marinette quickly ran off because this was also discussed.

" Robin, after her"!Yelled Batman. He was definitely able to see her. But he thought Joker was going to kill the small girl.

Little Marinette ran and jumped all over the rooftops until she tripped and fell off a rooftop with Robin right on her heels. And she didn't think this was fair. She was only four while that kid. He looked to be 12. He was pretty old. But when she slipped off that one roof, she was glad until she realized she could have died.

She fell and hit something. But it sure wasn't the ground. It was a body.

"Ow! GET OFF ME"!! Yelled the body she fell on.

" Oops, sorry".

Marinette quickly scrambled away and stood up but saw who she fell on. A boy. He looked to be eight or so.

"By the way, what's your name"? She asked.

" why do you care"? He said annoyed.

"I dunno. I'm just nosey ya know". She said bored.

" Hmm, I'll only tell you if you stop being so nosey".

"But, how are you going to know if I stopped"?

" we meet at this very time and hour every single night. I'll bring something interesting people like you wouldn't resist to. And if you don't ask or anything, that's how you'll prove to me".

"So basically, you want me to sneak out to see you"? She asked not really sure because she was just a tiny toddler.

" Well, yeah".

"Ok, but this'll only work if you tell me your age. I don't know, at least answer me that" .

"I'm six". And with that, he left.

'you looked older' she thought. But then quickly started running once again because she heard Robin's footsteps. Sure, he was doing his best to stay silent but, with all of the random trash cans and bags around, it's almost impossible to not make sound.

Meanwhile

" what were you doing with that girl". Said Batman demanding a question.

"Oh Batsy, you didn't think I was going to kill the girl now, did you? HAHAHAHAHA"!

" I said, what were you doing with her".

"Oh you know, just having a bit of fun with her. HAHAHAHA"!!! That guy sure knew how to laugh.

" I don't ever want to see you by her. You are a danger to this community and especially small children like her".

"Oh, well I suggest you KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO HER! HAHAHAHAHA!! See ya later Batsy"! Joker happily waived at Batman and walked backward soon falling off a roof but getting saved by some of his fellow mates.

And soon, the group of 'baddies ' all took off to their secret lair all waiting for Marinette who was still being chased by that stupid boy, as said by Joker.

" LITTLE GIRL! PLEASE STOP! YOU'RE SAFE NOW"! Yelled Robin.

"NO I'M NOT. YOU'RE STILL CHASING ME"!

Robin stopped and so did she.

" why are you running from me"?

"Because you want to change me. My daddy was right. Every single person on this damn world judges every single stupid body that isn't or acts like them. And it's not fair. Why can't you just let people be for once". And she quickly ran away while Robin decided that was enough for him. But he now wondered who her daddy was. That man seemed wise in his own mind. Though his actions, not such good ones.

Marinette ran and ran until she was grabbed by someone underneath and pulled down underground.

" there you are my sugar "! Exclaimed Joker while she was grabbed by the riddler.

" Yep, I ran from Robin".

Fun facts

I am a band kid. Honestly, I love playing with my band. (Not part of a school though. Just in case you're wondering). But right now, it's not possible because of mister Covid the 19th. (I really needed to do that). And uhm, the chairs test is coming. Meaning, I'll have to work on a new composition and hope it's better than everyone else's. And I'll have to hope I can please the conductor to keep my chair. I NEED FIRST CHAIR ONCE MORE!!!

Uhm, I used to hate on people who shipped almost anyone, until I became a shopper myself. A HUGE ONE at that.

And, I love baking. But, I can't cook like actually food. Only desserts and stuff. Probably cause I'm afraid of the stove. The fire at most