Chapter 15

This is more based on Felix in this chapter.

"Felix, I'll be honest, you are the weirdest human I have ever met. I mean, Chloé thinks I look nice in pink. But you? You think I'd look better in black"?

"Marinette, you're going into high school in a month. What kind of kid would be wearing pink still"?

Chloé was in her changing closet eavesdropping and yelled way too loud.

"THAT ROSE GIRL WOULD"!!!

"Who the hell is Rose"?

Basically, everyone was fighting over what Marinette's new clothing style would be. Apparently this was a big deal for the two blondes. But it made sense. Well, not really but yeah.

"Anyways, I should probably go. My mean grandma will lecture me on why I need to wear no socks while sleeping cause she caught me sleeping with them last night".

Well, this caught the attention of everyone. And no, not just Chloé and Felix's attention. This caught the attention of the whole garnd hotel. It seemed as if Chloé's room were bugged with cameras and microphones of all sorts due to the fact that Audrey herself declared wearing socks to bed illegal that very second.

And one thought Chloé was a spoilt little brat with all of life's luxuries. Though, the only luxury she hasn't been able to afford, is the one of privacy. Only her closet offers that.

Anyways, the three were being stupid for a few minutes when Felix got a call.

"I'll be in the restroom"

Felix walked in and gently shut the door.

"What is it"?

The voice on the other end had caused Felix's heart to start clenching. He himself felt suffocation. The words leaving him on the verge of tears. Only, he was not going to cry. This was absolutely nothing. Life was much harder than this. He would just have to grieve in a much slower way. A way in which nobody would bother notice.

The call ended, Felix grabbed his coat, and took off. Maybe he would cry, but not before one's eyes. The embarrassment, anxiousness, judgement. He knew how Marinette was raised. What kind of man raised her. A man capable of no love. Only obsession.

Maybe she didn't act like that, but he didn't know what she thought deep down. His anxiety had struck him to the fullest by now. Meaning it was going to be harder for him to open up to his friends. His anxiety would get in the way if he didn't control it. But money was always something to be grateful for.

Both Chloé and Marinette hadn't noticed Felix's expressions to which they shrugged the matter. Only now, it would be harder to keep Felix's friendship close.

"Anyways, I'll be off now. See you later". Marinette walked away while Chloé gladly took her time scrolling through Instagram.

As Felix made it to the Agreste mansion, it was rumored near him that his cousin, Adrien Agreste, had been forced on a trip with his uncle and aunt.

Mr and Mrs Agreste.

So now, he was alone. His mother and father now gone. The servants rushing for funeral preparations.  The Agreste's enjoying their lives. Marinette living a somewhat peaceful life with those bakers.  And Chloé, with the time she has left, knowing of it, she's just throwing her life out the window.

It's sad honestly, these children, so young yet ruined beneath.

Felix entered his room and made sure to lock it. By this point in his life, he was mentally drained. He was definitely going to get through it all, only he just wanted time. No, he needed it.