Chapter 23

Pov: Chu Scarlett

I'm alive?

How?!

What's with this horirble headache?

I opened my eyelids and found myself staring at my bedroom's ceiling at JYPe. The room was crowded with the bodyguards and idols, and they were all busy reading some note. Cautiously moving my head to face the window, I confirmed that it was light out.

What's today's date? What's going on? The last thing I remember is being stuck in a room with a ticking bomb.

"She's awake!" Minji exclaimed as she ran towards my bed.

Oh no. Like some kind of new museum exhibit, I found myself being scrunitized by more pairs of eyes than I could count.

"Will som-" I stopped talking because my throat felt too dry and rough. Chan ran to his room and brought me a cup of water, painstakingly lifting up my body and carrying the cup for me to drink from.

Why is he acting like I can't carry a cup of water though? How long have I been out for?

"Will somebody tell me how I'm alive?" I asked as I grabbed my temples, feeling the headache getting worse.

"That's what we'd like to ask you. Do you not remember anything after you were stuck in that room? How did you survive the explosion?" agent Venus questioned.

"I wouldn't be asking you if I knew. There was somebody else in the room though. I don't remember anything cause I lost consciousness then," I said, trying to get out of bed, but got stopped by Chan who was still sitting next to me. "But what's that note you were all so concentrated on?" I added.

"Some insignificant mission you don't have to worry about. How are you feeling?" Isabelle asked as she checked my temperature while sitting on the ground right next to my bed, along with Minji.

I do feel pretty hot. My arm kind of burns too. I think I have some rashes from the tear gas. That must mean.. I haven't been out for too long.

That reminds me..

"What day is it today?" I asked Chan who hadn't taken his eyes off me the whole time. Is he even blinking?

"The battle was just yesterday. You've been missing until an unidentified girl suddenly carried you to the company this morning and handed you to the guard outside. The second you were safe in his hands, she sprinted away and couldn't be caught. She just disappeared while cackling."

I told you people my life was a thriller. None of you took me seriously!

I-

I suddenly don't feel so good.

I ran to the bathroom and almost lost my balance a couple of times, while Minji and agent Venus tried to grab onto me.

"What's wrong, Scarlett? Calm down!" Isabelle warned.

I need to throw up.

Entering the bathroom and closing off the door, that's exactly what I did.

Now I feel a bit better. Or possibly worse..

Who saved me? Why were they cackling? Why do I feel so squeamish?

My pace resembled that of a sloth as I returned to my room and weakly layed back down in bed.

"Did you vomit?" Minji asked with huge eyes.