Chapter 45

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

Knock on the door and ask for directions, Lily.

No, wait! You've never heard Seungmin sing.
I know you want to.

What if they find you here and you end up looking like a stalker?

What are the odds of that happening? Just listen in for a minute and then knock.

You will regret not listening to me.

You will regret not listening to him.

'Will you two shut up?' I told the voices in my head. 'I can't hear his voice over you two rambling.'

Ha! I won.

I waited for the silence to be replaced by Seungmin's voice, but it never happened. It felt ridiculous to just stand there, so I decided to knock and get things over with.

However, I finally heard a mellifluous voice and my hand froze in mid-air. I unconsciously leaned closer to the door so I could hear him better.

.. My mind was blown away. He hit every note beautifully and his voice was incredibly stable. He didn't sing too many high notes. He didn't go too low. He didn't try singing runs and he didn't do anything showy. His song of choice wasn't easy at all but he delivered it so skillfully that it suddenly sounded simple.

I wasn't expecting this. It was a calm and sad song, and he managed to convey all the emotions. The fact that there was a massive storm outside played a huge part in making the song that much more melancholic. His voice brought out the pain in my heart that I'd been holding in all day.

The door suddenly opened in my face, and I was left there stunned. Weirdly enough, I didn't feel embarrassed to have been caught.

Felix looked at me in shock. "Lily? You were here?"

Seungmin also turned around and finally found me. He didn't say a word.

"Yeah.. I came to ask for directions to the bathroom. Scar left and didn't return," I said, acting like I'd just arrived.

"Oh! It's down the hallway. Once you reach a dead end, turn right and you're there," Felix helpfully explained.

I rushed away, following the directions I was given. Surely enough, I found myself in front of the bathroom sign. "Scar?! Are you in there?"

"Yeah.." she said, her voice groggy.

"You still alive?" I knocked on her door.

"Mhm. I just feel a bit sick. Don't worry about it and go." There was a bit more power in her voice now.

"Would you like me to bring you something? This isn't because of the poison, right?" I got worried since she'd just recovered.

"Nooo! Ofcourse not! The poison is long gone. I don't need anything, but I don't think I'll be able to spend much time with you tonight. I'm really sorry, Lily."

Oh..

I'm alone again.

"It's okay.. I'm going to bed. Good night," I said, walking away. She didn't stop me.

Don't take this personally, Lily.

She's just sick. Today was simply a bad time to visit.