Chapter 14

Pov: Chu Scarlett

I am sitting on the bathroom floor.

'Why,' you may ask?

Well, where else would you plan the perfect strategy to break into the enemy's territory?

Take notes, ladies and gents, the bathroom is the most soundproof room; it blocks out any unwanted human beings, and any sorts of storms raging outside.

We were currently at the start of winter, which meant horrible weather. It also meant that Isabelle had about one and a half months to heal, and is now fully recovered.

My elaborate plan was almost completed thanks to her help. She'd been inside their building before, so she knew quite a lot about the infrastructure.

I made my way out of the bathroom, and got to my room. Ever since I took her in as my roommate, I never got any peace and quiet. She was way too friendly, so there were always random idols hanging out with her in here.

Or maybe I'm the one who's way too unfriendly..

I would have told them off, but I was usually either with Christopher, or off duty, so they didn't bother me much.

"Hello Han, and Felix. May I please speak to Isabelle, alone?" The 'fake' was dripping off my kindness.

I sat on her bed as soon as the boys skedaddled out. "The plan is ready." I put the papers in front of her.

"Don't forget the fact that my mother could actually be held in a different room, Scarlett. Months have passed by, so the blueprints we drew can't be too accurate. I don't even know if she's still alive.." She looked up at me with fear evident in her eyes.

I couldn't give her promises I couldn't keep. The brutal reality was that her mom could've already been six feet under as we were speaking. If this mission hadn't required so much planning, we could have gotten to her a long time ago, but alas.

"I already called the other agents for a meeting. Join us." I rubbed her back.

"Scar, wait. I need to tell you something."

Can people stop using this line? They don't realize how much anxiety it causes me.

"I feel that.. You're being really nice to me. You bought me clothes, you got me food, you let me have my way in your room... You're actually being so tolerant with me." She scratched her neck. "And as special as that makes me feel, I can't help but think that you're doing it all out of guilt."

Bingo.

"Scarlett, I understand why you did what you did. I would have done the same if I were in your shoes. So please, feel more comfortable around me."

Excuse me, I do not like that I'm being exposed like this.

"I'm the one who should be feeling guilty," she added in a hushed tone, "for causing you so much trouble. I'm so, so, so sorry Scarlett. I feel extremely bad about everything."

"Woah, okay. No need for all this sappy shit. Let's just forget about it and go," I concluded.

We finally made it to the meeting room, and I started speaking up, "To keep this short, I've decided that Isabelle and I will be going to battle tomorrow. Little Haven will be sending a group of agents to accompany us, ofcourse. I will be entrusting the idols to you four."

"I firmly object." Olive slammed the desk, startling us all.

I had completely forgotten about this idiot's overprotective nature.