Chapter 76

Pov: Liliane Chevalier

"He does," I said, looking back at him who was lost in his thoughts again. Every time Ricardo's topic came up, he looked like he was stopping himself from revealing his true thoughts.

"I don't like him," he admitted, walking again.

"Are you sulking?" I laughed, slipping my hand in his and matching his pace. He looked away, probably still having mixed feelings about Ricardo.

"You didn't reject him?" he huffed.

"I kind of did? He knows about this date."

He didn't comment, returning the bikes and taking me to a restaurant. We had lost track of time while cycling, causing us to have lunch late in the afternoon. He had booked a table for us and we ended up sharing our meals again after debating over it.

"You really love eggs, huh?" I asked, tilting my head.

He waited until he chewed and gulped down his food to answer. "They could easily pass as my favorite. What tipped you off?"

"You look happy when you eat them," I laughed, going back to my meal, "Also, you offered me an egg sandwich that one time we went on a trip. Before the whole falling down the cliff thing.."

"Ah, yeah. I remember. What were you so burdened by that morning? You came into the kitchen as if to eat, then left without so much as a bite. Everyone was too excited for Hyunjin and Isabelle's relationship announcement to notice," he chuckled.

Then how come you noticed?

"Were you watching me?" I teased.

"I was."

Oh?

"Were you interested in me?" I asked, joking until I realized he was serious.

"I was."

"Really? I was almost certain I was the only one who took note of the other," I uttered, forgetting the food for a moment. This was the first time he'd talked about his feelings so openly. All this time, it only felt like he was going along with everything I asked of him.

He grew a small satisfied grin and looked down at his food. "I tried my best to stay on the sidelines. I didn't know how to approach you."

"Awww, were you shy? What about me made you want to approach me?" I asked, resting my face on the back of my hand and leaning into the conversation with a smug smile.

"You're cool," he voiced, laughing and looking down, "That's enough."

"No~ Continue~ It's okay, you can blush~" I teased, making him cover his mouth and throw back his head, laughing that cute laugh of his.

"Fine then. What made you interested in me?" he asked, turning the tables on me.

"I'll tell you if you tell me," I said, almost finishing up my meal.

"I'll tell you if you tell me," he said, creating a never ending chain of 'no you'.

"Guess we'll never find out," I concluded, knowing he'd just give in and tell me. To my surprise, he used the same tactic and shrugged, agreeing with me.

Hey! I wanted to know!

Tell me if you like me already!

I only ended up playing myself.

We were done with the food and he held my hand first this time, walking us both through a crowded street till we made it to the car again. The sky darkened and he checked his watch, looking back out the window.