My girlfriend wants me dead. Luke's POV

~Luke's POV~ (Earlier in the day)

I thought coming back from the dead and starting a new life as a pretend cyclops was lonely. Constantly being around individuals and yet feeling completely alone and unremembered.
That's nothing compared to how I feel now.

As I sit back at the damned table inside of the training center, I realize that I've only been sitting here every day the last two weeks solely because this was the last place I saw Carys.

 It's been two long, agonizing weeks, and I don't even know if she'll ever want to see me again.
Considering she's made no effort to contact me since leaving campus, I take it as a hell no.

After explaining to Hermes how Carys found out who I really was, I had to wait an excruciating amount of time for him to bring her back.
Only...He didn't.

After a lengthy discussion he apparently had with her, Hermes told me that she decided it was in her best interest to leave the university altogether.
Apparently trying to process who I really am was something she didn't think she could deal with while having to see me on a daily basis.
I thought maybe Hermes was lying, but that was stupid to think.
Why the hell would he be? He has nothing to gain or lose for Carys not wanting to know me anymore.

I thought I'd give her a little time before I went to look for her....
So I gave her a day.
24-hrs seemed to be a decent enough of a head-start for her to process things.

The problem's been trying to find her since then.
Every time I've tried approaching Annabeth, Jackson, and Dead-face, the three of them would immediately walk in the opposite direction.

Even after I cornered Nico di Angelo, he didn't say anything.
I'm not sure if it was that he just didn't want to, or just couldn't.
After that, I realized Carys must've charm-touched them into not revealing her location to me.

Smart, and yet a real pain-in-the-ass in regards of being able to track her down.
Figuring she must've brought the lap-top I gave her with her, I decided my best course of action was to email her.

To say it was hard trying to figure out how to write that email is one helluva understatment. After I sent the first email apologizing for not telling her the truth sooner, it only seemed right to send more messages to further explain everything.
I went into full detail explaining everything that's happened since I was brought back. From the places I've been, to the people I've encountered.
After it took up about twenty paragraphs, I decided I should probably just send more than one altogether.
It was only after the first thirty emails did I realize that she wasn't answering them.

After a couple days of not being able to find her even through the admissions office, I decided I didn't care how pissed off she was, I need to find her.
Realizing that, brought me back to her aunt and uncles house in North Carolina.
That was an un-fun trip.

"What do you mean, you haven't seen her??" Her aunt questiond me worriedly as I explained everything.
Well alright, I didn't explain everything.

I decided it was probably in my better interest to leave out the fact that I reduced Carys to tears after revealing that I'm actually the still-alive Luke Castellan.
Even though her uncle is just eyeing me suspiciously, he still seems more than a little eager to get a hold of that shot gun of his when he looks at me.

"She hasn't been here?" I question cautiously, silently becoming alarmed that she left school and hasn't bothered going home. If she's not here, where the hell would she go?

Moira shook her head. "No, she went back to school......Is she alright???" Her eyes shoot to her husband, worry in them.

I'd shrugged it off.
"Oh yeah, she's great." I lied easily. "It's just with the term re-starting we havent really spoken much."