Pride and Cyclops Prejuidice

Not surprisingly, I didn't look too much into Asclepious's declaration that he now wants to be friends.
I mean I had plenty of reason not to, the guy has been seemingly conflicted on the matter for awhile now.
But the next day after I had gotten out of the hospital wing, he actually started to show he meant that he genuinely wanted to be friends.

So now for the last two weeks we've had lunch together, and  greeted each other in the courtyard after classes.
One afternoon after my Dollars to Dragmas class, I found him waiting for me outside of the building.

"What are you doing here?"
Usually around this time he's across campus getting ready for his History class.

"You remember that near death experience where a sister of Medusa swore to bring death to you?" He asks coyly, as we begin to walk.

I pretend to think about it.
"You know, it does rings tiny bells." I nod seriously.

He grins, shaking his head.
"Well, if you'd like...I could teach you how to fight. That way, if there's a next time...You would be able to defend yourself better."
 He pauses, as if wondering if I'm going to reject the offer.

My heart skips a beat. I mean sure, he's only offering because he thinks I'm a pathetic fighter, but spending more time with him makes me want to grin from ear to ear.
"Definitely!"

"That's a yes?"

"That's a definite yes." I smile.
It was getting easier for us to talk to one another. Somehow after the incident with Stheno, we managed to make it from exchanging sarcastic remarks to one another to actually enjoy being around eachother.
Which doesn't really help extinguish my little crush I have on him, but ah well...

"Alright, meet me outside of the Hermes building at sundown....Make sure you keep your new little pet with you incase anything were to try attacking."
By "pet" he was referring to a hell hound. After Hades declared that hell hounds would be poised around entrances to the University, no one was really thrilled about that.
From what Percy explained, hell hounds only obey Hades, his wife Persephone, and Nico.
Strangely enough though when I had gone to visit Nico at his dorm, a hell hound had came out to examine me, and seemed to  take a liking to me.
I froze with fear, terrified the giant shaggy dog was going to rip me to shreds, but the big guy just charged at me, stopped, and rolled onto his back looking like he wanted to play.
I shakenily had thrown him a rubber ball, and he brought it back excitedly.
SInce then, the hound has been escorting me to and from everywhere I went. If I entered a building to attend class or visit a friend, the hound sat outside the building, watching everyone who came and went.
Nico finds it strange, but he thinks it's because Hades is grateful I defended him the day the furie attacked so he's repaying the favor by having the hound watch over me.

Good news, is I'm no longer afraid of hell hounds like I used to be. Bad news....Now people seem to be afraid of *me* because of my new pet.
The hell hound currently bolts up upon Asclepious mentioning the word pet and dutifully runs to my side, ready to escort me to my next destination. I reach up and scratch behind his shaggy head, while he starts happily panting.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight." I smile, watching as Asclepious makes his way across the campus towards where the other cyclops were gathering for class.

"AW.....A date with your boyfriend!? That's adorbs. Can't wait to see what those kids look like!." Clarisse chortles loudly, flanked by Chris and Drew.
Drew chuckles, while Chris looks somewhat awkward.
Although I can tell he cares very deeply for Clarisse, I've never known Chris to be vindictive like she is. He tends to stay out of it when we get into petty arguments, only really fuming when I get in a good verbal thrashing against Clarisse and it upsets her.