Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I stirred and stretched, my eyes barely being able to open in the morning's brightness. My restricted movements slowly dragged me to reality and the smell of apple blossoms fog my brain. I stirred again and smiled when I felt a hand around my waist. I reached for it, intertwining our fingers.

I forced my eyes open, seeing the beautiful blonde beside me. She was still fast asleep, and her hair scattered all over the pillows. She looked adorable, and the scattered rays of light that shone on her made her look extra radiant.

I snuggled against her again and continued to stare, wanting to steal as many glances as I could before she woke up. I reached up to brush her hair back so I could see her better, but she caught my hand by my wrist before I could even touch her face.

She turned her head to mine and her eyes flew open. For a minute I was just shocked because I thought she was asleep. Wasn’t she asleep?

Her glare made me shiver even though it was not cold. “I thought you were asleep.” I admitted.

She sighed and pushed her hair back like I wanted to do. I still did it though, making her smile.

“I was asleep.” She confirmed, her eyes closing again. “That was an automatic reaction.”

I laid my head on her chest and stared up at her, but she soon opened her eyes again to look down at me. Her hands pushed my hair back, then held me against her. I breathe her in, enjoying the tingling in my body because of our closeness.

“We slept on the couch.” She mumbled with humour in her voice.

“Hmmm,” I agreed.

She covered her face and started laughing, making my head move up and down. I raised a brow at her. “Where’s the joke?”

She shook her head with amusement, choking on laughter before she finally spoke.

“Squishy pillow?” she gestured to her breast. “You talk in your sleep.”

I gaped at her. Clearly, she wasn’t implying what I thought she was implying. I did not call her chest a squishy pillow. No, I didn’t. “I didn’t call you a squishy pillow.”

She continued laughing. “Did too, and it was sooo cute.”

I sat up, burying my head in my knees. My hair helped to hide my shame. I was so thankful. My first sleep over with her in a while and I was a complete creep. I’ll never get over the humiliation.

Her hand touched my shoulder, and I felt the warmth spreading through my body, but I wasn’t looking up. I couldn’t look at her laughing eyes. “Hey it’s okay.” She told me.

I felt even worse than and sank further into my knees.