◈ Chapter 29 ◈

➳ 29 | UNRAVELING

╼ ╾

Soobin defeatedly sighed before plopping down on the couch.

The four others looked at him with an apologetic face. They let him down this time. Soobin never thought that this day would be awaiting him.

"We can still search for her", Yeonjun urged, making Soobin look up at him, his eyes holding different emotions.

"No use now. Taehyung is probably on his way now", He said while facing the ceiling.

Noticing the four of the boys were still standing near him, he let out an almost inaudible chuckle. "There's nothing we can do now. Taehyung will handle the rest, now that he knows. He might not be in a pleasant mood when he arives so y'all better stay away from him. He is a hot-tempered man, as you all already know"

He wanted them four to relax for a bit. They had a brother-like bond, and seeing them worried and exhausted made him quite sad.

As soon as they left the main room, Soobin found the perfect moment and quickly dialed Hoseok's number.

He looked around the room, in case anyone is watching him. It was something that was meant to be kept as a secret. Between him and Hoseok, for everyone's safety.

"Hyung, there is a problem", Soobin didn't even let him speak a word and got straight to the point.

He had to tell him that things were messed up here.

"What happened?", with slight nervousness in his voice, Hoseok asked.

"Well... we failed. Jieun...she's nowhere to be found"

Soobin felt quite ashamed while taking about it.

He felt ashamed of his security management. He couldn't even take care of a single girl.

"Fvck", cursing through gritted teeth, Hoseok sighed. He expected it.

He feared for what was awaiting for him. Taehyung left the responsibility of Jieun to him, and he failed him. Once again.

"Did you told him about me? Did he asked--"

"Yes", Soobin didn't wanted to hide anything. Even though he never wanted to let Hoseok down, but he was also very obedient to Taehyung.

Hoseok hands formed into a fist as he actioned to punch the air infront of him because of the uncontrollable frustration building up inside him.

"This is all too fvcked up", he mumbled as Soobin just listened to him without saying a single word.

"I didn't even completed the task I came here for. I didn't even met him yet"

"Hyung, you were supposed to meet him yesterday. You told me you just need a single day for this, why is this on hold?!"

This time Soobin snapped at him. A part of him blamed Hoseok for whatever happened.

"You don't understand! He moved location! I tried tracing him down but it's hard. Although I'm pretty sure he's still in Ilsan, I just need more time", leaving a breathy sigh, he continued.

"He probably knew I was gonna look for him. I don't know why, but I already know the answer. Whatever we suspected, it's all true. He lied. I'm pretty sure about it. Namjoon fvcking lied to Taehyung"

Hoseok breathed heavily before making up his mind.

"But still...I'm not coming back just yet. Make whatever excuse to Taehyung for me, I really need to meet Namjoon right now", He hung up on the call, making Soobin sigh heavily.