◈ Chapter 44 ◈

➳ 44 | FIRST ONE

╼ ╾

Taehyung kept his head low, bowing to every person passing by

Some of them he didn't even knew, even though they were all his relatives.

Not daring to meet anyone's eyes, he went away to a quiet corner, tears threatening to fall from his eyes and he suddenly felt this urge to hide himself from everyone.

Mr Han was someone close to him, a dad-like figure. His loss and his death was something hard for him to devour.

He had no idea his time would come this soon, all he thought was that he would survive atleast a month, but he barely made it a couple of days.

His death did somehow left a deep void in his life yet again.

Being someone known as a Mafia, he really didn't wanted to show his weak side to anyone. He barely made eye contact with anyone in case if anyone notices the tears that were threatening to fall.

He was trying to act strong but the thought of his uncle, who treated him like a son, it made him want to bawl his eyes out till no tears are left.

"I'm sorry for the loss Mr Kim, my condolences", he looked up, thinking if someone was addressing him.

But no.

Instead he saw couple of men in black suits, bowing to the man he loathed with his life, the man who was responsible for every little things.

His so-called father.

The fact that Taehyung had to bear with him standing infront of him, acting as if he has no clue he was behind it all. Taehyung had to put on his show, make him think he was planning everything perfectly.

Taehyung internally scoffed after looking at his dad's expression, all sad as if he was really close to Mr Han.

When in reality it was totally the opposite.

The way his expression showed nothing but grief as if Mr Han was someone like his brother, Taehyung wanted to give the man an oscar for putting up such great acting.

Through out the whole funeral, he did met his father's eyes multiple times, with nothing but eyes full of hatred.

The fact that he had to frankly meet his father at first, even after knowing how he was trying to ruin his life along, Taehyung did put on quite a show.

As for Seokjin, even though he tried his best to make excuses and somehow miss the funeral cause he didn't wanted to face Taehyung at all, in the end...he did came.

But not once did he looked at Taehyung because of a certain feeling inside of him. He felt as if he failed as an older brother.

He knew it well that Jisoo told Taehyung about everything, well he asked her to do so... he couldn't just live like that keeping things with him, so he though of a way to break down the ice to Taehyung.