3 ; welcome to hogwarts

"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts

"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

After having no luck finding Trevor's toad and running into two boys who Liliana was sure did not necessarily appreciate her's and Hermione's sudden bombarding in their compartment, they headed back to their own compartment.

On the way they ran into Neville and let him know that they sadly hadn't found his toad. He looked disheartened but thanked them nevertheless. Hermione let him know they'd alert him if they saw any sign of Trevor, and he smiled at them before waving goodbye and heading to another compartment.

"Interesting boy isn't he?" Hermione observed as they entered their compartment.

"Yeah, but he seems nice," Liliana replied truthfully.

She personally felt as though Neville was a sweet boy just a bit shy when it came to new people. However, she admired how kind he was despite his anxiousness when talking to others he didn't know fairly well.

The pair didn't talk much for the rest of the half hour on the Hogwarts Express; not much needed to be said, they were comfortable in their own silence just staring out the window, watching the daylight fade into a darker night sky.

When the train finally began to slow down, Liliana saw something that she'd only ever imagined whilst reading fantasies: beyond the window there was a beautiful stone castle glistening underneath the moonlight in the distance.

"Look, 'Mione!" she exclaimed.

Her sister followed her gaze and sure enough there it was -- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"It's beautiful," Hermione whispered as she stood up, exiting the compartment.

The duo followed the throng of people pushing their way toward the door and out onto a tiny, dark platform.

Hermione and Liliana ran into Neville once more as they stepped out into the cold air; he was still searching for his toad.

Liliana frowned, "No luck?"

"No, but Dean and Seamus have been helping me look," Neville replied through a sigh.

"Well, I hope you find your toad Neville, we'll keep an eye out, okay?" Hermione said, smiling softly at the boy.

He beamed, "Thanks guys!"

"Anytime," they replied smiling.

"See you at Hogwarts!"

And with that Neville Longbottom had disappeared in the crowd of students that were all chatting excitedly about either the train ride or the castle that was only a short distance away from them.