11 ; the patronus and forgivness

"Besides, I know you miss her

"Besides, I know you miss her."

Harry knew that Hermione and Liliana had meant well, but that didn't stop him from being angry with the pair. Especially with Liliana, couldn't she have just kept out of Harry's buisness? She clearly wasn't on his side about the Sirius Black issue and now she wasn't okay with him having the Firebolt? 

He had been the owner of the best broom in the world for a few short hours, and now, because of their interference, he didn't know whether he would ever see it again. He was positive that there was nothing wrong with the Firebolt now, but what sort of state would it be in once it had been subjected to all sorts of anti-jinx tests?

Ron was furious with the girls as well. As far as he was concerned, the stripping-down of a brand new Firebolt was nothing less than criminal damage. Hermione, who remained convinced that she had acted for the best, started avoiding the common room.

Harry and Ron supposed she had taken refuge in the library along with Liliana who had been doing so for the entirety of their break, however, neither Harry or Ron tried to persuade them to come back.

Similarly Liliana was doing just fine without Harry, or at least, that's what she liked telling herself. The truth was that she and Hermione weren't handling it so well. The girls always looked close to breaking down what with all of their classes and not having two of their best friends talking to them; it was disheartening.

They'd spent the last few days of the holidays going down to Hagrids, just talking to him or trying to help him out with Buckbeak's trial. Sometimes Atlas and Ben would join them and they'd sit down and have a cup of tea, and if Hagrid offered (which he always did) some of his famous rock cakes.

However, the quartet couldn't ignore the absence of Ron and Harry; it was odd without them, like pieces of a puzzle missing. So when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, they were all quite glad.

Especially Liliana, Hermione, and Atlas; Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again allowing them to disappear within all the bustle of the common room.

And the night before term, as Liliana made her way towards the library, she'd thought she'd managed to go the rest of break without hearing so much as a mention of Harry, however, she was wrong.

"I've been doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one... I mean... we can't afford you to - well -"

It was Wood. He sounded a bit awkward as he broke off and Liliana wasn't exactly sure why she stopped in her tracks to hear whatever it was Harry was going to reply.

"I'm working on it," said Harry quickly. "Professor Lupin said he'd train me to ward off the Dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time after Christmas."

Liliana let out a sigh of relief; Lupin would be helping Harry out with his problem, he'd be okay, he'd - wait - no, she thought, mentally cursing herself.