8 ; the dueling club

"I wonder what other powers Potter's been hiding?"

Harry woke up on Sunday morning to find the dormitory blazing with winter sunlight and his arm reboned but very stiff. He sat up quickly and glanced over to see Liliana fast asleep on the chair next to his bed before he looked over at Colin's bed, but it had been blocked from view by the high curtains Harry had changed behind yesterday.

Seeing that he was awake, Madam Pomfrey came bustling over with a breakfast tray and began bending and stretching his arm and fingers.

"All in order," she said as he clumsily fed himself porridge left handed. "When you've finished eating, you may leave. And do me a favor dear, and wake up Miss Granger on your way out."

Harry dressed as quickly as he could, and then woke Liliana up. She still seemed to be in a slight daze as they hurried off to Gryffindor Tower, desperate to tell Ron and Hermione about Colin and Dobby, but they weren't there.

The two left to look for them, wondering where they could have got to and Harry felt slightly hurt that they weren't interested in whether he had his bones back or not. As Harry and Liliana passed the library, Percy Weasley strolled out of it, looking in far better spirits than the last time they'd met.

"Oh, hello, Harry and Liliana," he said. "Excellent flying yesterday, really excellent. Gryffindor has just taken the lead for the House Cup 一 you earned fifty points!"

"You haven't seen Ron or Hermione, have you?" said Harry.

"No, I haven't," said Percy, his smile fading. "I hope Ron's not in another girls' toilet. . . ."

Harry and Liliana forced a laugh, watched Percy walk out of sight, and then headed straight for Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. They couldn't see why Ron and Hermione would be in there again, but after making sure that neither Filch nor any prefects were around, they opened the door and heard their voices coming from a locked stall.

"Harry, Lils!" she said. "You gave us such a fright 一 come in 一 how's your arm?"

"Fine," said Harry, squeezing into the stall alongside Liliana. An old cauldron was perched on the toilet and a crackling from under the rim told Harry they had lit a fire beneath it. Conjuring up portable, waterproof fires was a specialty of Hermione's.

"We'd've come to meet you, but we figured Lils had fallen asleep there and that you'd find us in the morning, so we decided to get started on the Polyjuice Potion," Ron explained as Harry, with difficulty, locked the stall again. "We've decided this is the safest place to hide it."

Harry and Liliana started to tell them about Colin, but Hermione interrupted.

"We already know 一 we heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going 一"