12 ; the unexpected visitor

"Oi, you'll scare her away faster if you keep staring at her like that

"Oi, you'll scare her away faster if you keep staring at her like that."

It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship. Each was so angry with the other that Liliana couldn't see how they'd ever make up. Harry and Liliana tried several ways to get them speaking again, however, each was so stubborn they'd walk away whenever the other was mentioned.

Not even the mediating of Atlas and Ben helped the situation. Liliana felt exasperated, she now understood what her sister had gone through when her and Harry hadn't been talking.

Ron was enraged that Hermione had never taken Crookshanks's attempts to eat Scabbers seriously, hadn't bothered to keep a close enough watch on him, and was still trying to pretend that Crookshanks was innocent by suggesting that Ron look for Scabbers under all the boys' beds.

Hermione, meanwhile, maintained fiercely that Ron had no proof that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, that the ginger hairs might have been there since Christmas, and that Ron had been prejudiced against her cat ever since Crookshanks had landed on Ron's head in the Magical Menagerie.

Personally, Harry was sure that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, and when he tried to point out to Hermione that the evidence all pointed that way, she lost her temper with Harry too.

"Okay, side with Ron, I knew you would!" she said shrilly. "First the Firebolt, now Scabbers, everything's my fault, isn't it!" She rounded on Atlas and Ben who had tried their best to hang back during this dilemma, "And I suppose you boys are on his side as well?" The pair didn't even have the chance to respond, "Just leave me alone, I've got a lot of work to do!" She took Liliana by the arm and rushed her away from the Portrait hole they were about to enter.

While Hermione had been deeming Crookshank's innocence to the rest, Ron had been taking the loss of his rat very hard.

"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," said Fred bracingly. "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly - one swallow - he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" said Ginny indignantly.

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron, you said it yourself," said George.

"He bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said miserably. "Remember, Harry?"

"Yeah, that's true," said Harry.

His finest hour," said Fred, unable to keep a straight face. "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory. Oh, come on, Ron, get yourself down to Hogsmeade and buy a new rat, what's the point of moaning?"

*・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・☆・゜

On the day of Harry and Liliana's final team practice before the Ravenclaw match, Harry had invited Atlas, Ron, and Ben to join him and Liliana so that each could have a ride on the Firebolt after they'd finished.