seventeen!

–CINDERELLA.

"save your tears bub! fuck loren! don't waste your energy on her" drake firmly told the girl, gaining a few stares from his coworkers, as he sat in his cubicle at work

"i know, b—but i don't wanna lose her, above all else she's still my sister" bambi stood on the airbnb's balcony, pacing back and forth.

"step sister. it might do you some good, i know she was there with you when everything happened, but now she's just a 19 year old brat who's clearly jealous of you"

"she's not jealous" bambi laughed, dismissing the boys comment.

"um, yeah she is" he chucked at her cluelessness. "loren knows deep down she's only famous because of you and your personality that she puts on for a camera, you've been there for almost a week and you're everyone's best friend, and that's probably hard for her to swallow" he leant back in his chair.

"oh come on, she's just as much friends with everyone as me! everyone loves her! it's loren for god's sake" bambi tried to convince herself, more than anyone.

"then why is she asking you to work so much?"

"well, i dunno bu—"

"she's trying to keep you busy! so she can spend more time everyone. she's young b, she needs the attention and the validation"

"god drake i just wanna come home" she collapsed onto an outdoor lounge. "i miss you, i miss when loren and i weren't always fighting"

"bub—" drake tried to warn the girl, but she cut him off.

"but then what am i gonna do when we get home? i'm gonna be alone again, and she's gonna hate me" she played with her bracelet as she ranted to the boy, unbeknownst to the fact clay was sneaking up behind her.

"boo" he leant down and whispered to her, causing her to flinch uncomfortably.

"jesus fuck! you scared me" bambi took a deep breath, calming herself from the boys scare. she was easily startled, to say the least.

"you should've seen your face" he laughed a little too hard, falling back onto the ground.

a small chuckle left her mouth, before she realised drake was still on the phone. "t—this is karl!"

"bambino, don't you think i would do a little research on your favourite people in the world? any bet that's dreamy boy himself"

"..hi" he gave a bashful wave to the screen.

"i promise he wouldn't dox you or anything like tha-" bambi turned to the boy, profusely promising.

"it's fine, i trust you" he shrugged, nonchalantly.

"uhh so i have to go, y'know, do my job" drake sighed, saying his goodbyes.

"i'll text you! i miss you" she waved bye.

"i miss you more bambino" he blew a kiss at the screen before ending the call.

"he seems really cool" clay nodded, before sitting next to her on the couch.

"yeah, he is" she smiled to herself.

"and he's your boyfriend?" clay asked cautiously.

"oh my god, definitely not, he's like a brother" she giggled. "our parents were best friends, she also made sure to confirm.

"even cooler" he smiled at her, causing her to give him a small half smile back. "and about last night—"

"no! seriously clay, it's fine, really, i've just been really sleep deprived" she cut him off, finding it hard to make eye contact.

"it's not fine, i shouldn't have overstepped—and i'm sorry"

"you're forgiven, don't even stress"

"i just hope you're alright, you sounded sad talking to your friend"

"oh yeah" she giggled, trying to hide the fact she was nervous "h—how much of that did you even hear?"

"fuck, wait, i promise i wasn't eavesdropping" his eyes widened. "but uh, you and loren get into a fight or something?"

"yeah.." she trailed off, figuring it wasnt best to go into details of the situation.

"you can talk to me, i—if you need"

"thanks, but i promise i'm fine"

"well, y'know, for the record, i definitely don't hate you, and i don't know why anyone—including loren—would ever feel that way, cause you're really great, and funny, and all that stuff"

bambi laughed, to try and deflect from the fact she felt tears coming, provoked by just a few caring words from the boy. bambi was awful at keeping eye contact, but somehow the boy in front of her held her gaze with ease.

"don't cry!" clay freaked out, grabbing her hands and shaking his head.

"they're happy tears, i just really needed some reassurance" she breathed out shakily, as his green eyes continued to bore into hers.

"i'm glad i could help" he smiled, before standing up. "i should go help karl, but uh, i'll see you soon"

"oh yeah, pizza night" it dawned on her, causing her smile to only grow. "i can't wait! f—for the pizza"

"the pizza?" he repeated, giving a small smirk.

"yep! i'm gonna go find niki and the boys now" she made her way over to the door, as clay reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her back.

"hope you feel better" he whispered, pulling into possibly one of the best hugs the brunette had ever experienced.

"t—thank you" she spoke sincerely before avoiding eye contact and making her way inside.

SOPH'S CORNER!
first hugs!! hehehehe