twenty four!

–CINDERELLA.

"thank god you're leaving" techno huffed as bambi leant on his shoulder

"thank god you're leaving" techno huffed as bambi leant on his shoulder. "you're clingy"

"you're leaving too!" she shot back. they were in an uber on the way to the airport. a few of flights back to the mainland left around the same time, so they said their goodbyes to everyone back at the house prior. now it was just bambi, loren, techno, clay and nick.

"dare i repeat myself—thank god"

"i'm gonna miss you" bambi pouted.

"i guess i'll miss you too, disney"

"you're such a softie" she gave him a quick hug as she teased him.

"yeah okay clingyinnit" he shoved her off of him.

"hey!"

"just cause it's her birthday doesn't give her the right to be annoying" loren huffed, holding clays hand captive with hers as they sat in the back seats of the uber.

"what did she even do?" clay asked in a low tone.

"she's just been toxic! and like totally demanding more money from me" loren blatantly lied.

clay just left out a small sigh.

"what? you're not siding with her, are you?" her voice got a bit louder.

"i just think you're being a little harsh—"

"harsh? she's literally gonna ruin my career and then i'm gonna have nothing"

"so what am i?"

"you know what i mean! and i basically manifested my entire career, that shits not easy!"

"do you even hear yourself? you didn't manifest shit" he frustratedly spoke under his breath.

"excuse me?! my god what is your problem today?" loren raised her voice, causing bambi, techno and nick to all turn around.

"my problem, you don't need to be so mean to your own sister" he threw his hands up in annoyance.

"step-sister. why are you defending her all of a sudden, you used to agree with me and talk shit about her with me like all the time!" she made up another blatant lie.

"oh my god" clay scoffed, looking at bambi out of the corner of his eyes, who scoffed along with him. if it were anyone else she would've been shocked, but she stopped trusting the words that came out of loren's mouth months ago. "why don't you do the entire internet a favour and stop lying!"

"you told them?" she almost squealed, whipping her head over to bambi.

"can you keep it down!" the driver yelled out from up the front. "let me park the goddamn car"

techno tried his best not to laugh, causing the girl to huff and push her way out of the vehicle as soon a it stopped.

"loren, look, t—they figured it out!" bambi followed her sister trying to make amends.

"you don't need to explain yourself to her!" clay called out from inside the car. "loren, you need to calm the fuck down"

"no! you're gonna ruin my life!" she dramatically yanked her 4 suitcases out one by one, before pulling them towards the window and scowling at clay. "we're so fucking done! thanks for the followers you asshole!"

clay chuckled dryly, shaking his head. he should've known what it was all about from the beginning. he thought he had a better read on people than that.

"bambi? are you coming?" loren groaned, halfway through the airport doors.

"i'm not a fucking child, loren."

"fine, then i'm gonna tell my dad to toss the letters" she shrugged, nonchalantly. "what a shame, you were so close to getting them and everything"

clay felt a sudden burst of confidence, "you're so goddamn petty! you kn—"

"don't." bambi cut off clay, as her face went pale and her stomach filled up with those bad butterflies, the ones that made you feel sick to the stomach.

ever since her mother's passing, bambi had been waiting for those letters. the famous letters her mother had been writing all her life for he daughter. she gave them to loren's father for safe keeping until bambi turned 21.

"i'm sorry, i'll text you guys soon, okay? i'll really miss you" she whispered before abruptly waving goodbye and turning on her heel to catch up to loren—who flipped them all off as soon as bambi came to her side.

"that's it" clay grunted, beginning to walk forward as techno held him back.

"it's not worth it, obviously these letters are important and she's gonna do what she needs to to get them back" he reasoned with the angry boy

"can someone fill me in on what the fuck is going on?" nick muttered.

"it's complicated" techno tried to think of the easiest way to explain but was stumped. "but clay, promise me for the time being you're not going to do anything"

"fine, but we need to find a way to help her" clay anxiously paced back and forth.

"okay calm down, she's gonna be fine for a few days while
we figure out a plan of action" techno tried to reassure him.

he nodded slightly, running a hand through his hair, brain ticking, brainstorming ways to save bambi.

SOPH'S CORNER!
the taxi driver is my favourite
character of this entire book