twenty two!

–CINDERELLA.

to celebrate their last night, the group decided to hold one last karaoke night

to celebrate their last night, the group decided to hold one last karaoke night. to top it all off it was bambi's birthday the next day, so everyone sang a disney song with her, except loren. this really confused everyone, but no one had the balls to speak up about it—not even alex quackity.

clay called the shots on singing when will my life begin, from tangled, and he had an absolute blast. such a blast he decided he needed to set things straight once and for all.

it was 2:36, and they were still going strong, but somewhere in between bambi ducked out of all the chaos, and made her way down to the beach. she just needed a little break. she liked to step back anyway, thinking about her life when she was right in the middle of it all. it was nice, she liked thinking about her friends and how happy she was, but then also how sad she was to leave them.

so there she was standing knee deep in the, refreshing hawaii water, glistening in the moonlight. it was really dawning on her; she was 21, and she was in hawaii with her new family. it caught her off guard how quickly hot teers began to run down her face.

"bambi?"

"christ!" bambi jumped slightly, turning around to find clay, bashfully holding up his board shorts so they didn't get too wet.

"you're so jumpy" he teased quietly.

"no, you're just scary" she argued, causing him to smile.

"happy birthday" he handed her a packet of raspberry twizzlers—her favourite candy.

"oh! thank you" the small gift took her by surprise. "how did you know?"

"that's a secret i'll never tell."

"you know you love me" bambi exaggerated her accent.

"xoxo gossip girl" they both chuckled, before staring up at the bright starry sky. the stood in comfortable silence for a few minutes, sharing the packet of twizzlers as the waves crashed around them.

"can i ask you something?" the boy broke the silence, and turned towards her.

"yeah, shoot" she shrugged.

"you know your first day here, when the boys locked us in the exile closet?"

"mm" she nodded carefully, anxiously gnawing on a twizzler.

"were you able to get free the entire time?" he spoke, catching her completely off guard.

"i—well, te—technically.. i mean tommy can't even tie his shoelaces, a—and i guess i didn't mind the situation we were in, i mean it—uh, it really helped me get to know you more and it was honestly really fun—i—i'm sorry, i didn't mean to—" bambi nervously rambled, before clay interrupted her.

"don't apologise." he spoke sternly.

"sorry—wait, fuck!" bambi's eyes widened as she caught herself apologising once again.

"you don't need to say sorry for anything" clay felt everything within him pulling him towards the girl, as he stepped forward, cupping her face. "you did nothing wrong, that day in the closet was the highlight of my—actually scratch that—every single day i've spent hanging out with you, whether it's 5 minutes after you just woke up, or it was making salad pacts at dinner, it's all been the highlight of my trip, and it's because of you"

"clay" bambi's breath hitched, as she could feel the tall boy's warm hands on her cold cheeks—half hiding her insane blush.

"i just wanna hold you, a—and kiss you till you know your worth and tell you that everything's gonna be alright" he mumbled letting his feelings completely overwhelm him.

"clay" bambi repeated.

he didn't respond. instead he couldn't control himself any longer. moving in to kiss the girl. moving in for the kiss that had been subconsciously on his mind for awhile now.

"clay" she whispered, for the third time, leaning her forehead on his, to avoid his lips from actually touching hers. "not like this."

he let go of her abruptly. "you're right, we—i—should go, i'll see you inside"

she wanted to open her mouth and say something, but she just couldn't.

"be safe." he told her before making his way back inside. she let out a soft sigh, followed by a few more tears she couldn't contain. he was so perfect, but he was so with loren.

SOPH'S CORNER!
sooo bambi is the new nick
miller and what about it 😤