zero!

–CINDERELLA.

2019

bambi fraiser stared intensely at her screen as she worked on a small coding project. grey sweats draping over her body, bambi typed and clicked away, trying not to let her mind wander. ever since her mother's death, the girl had always found comfort in coding and gaming, and she was really in the zone.

"bambi!" her step sister loren called out to her. it echoed around their massive apartment that lorens father bought them to share.

"i'm coding something for drake, what is it?" she yelled back, gaining no reply. curiosity overcame her, so as usual she slowly stood up and wandered into the living room to find her sister.

"what" bambi huffed as she leant against a wall.

"i wanna start streaming on twitch, but i dunno how" loren was spread out on the couch watching a video essay about how much money twitch streamers make, and the results had her hooked.

"okay, and?"

"well you're into all the gamer coding stuff, can you help?"

"i'm not a streamer, ren—i could code you stuff for streams but that's about it" she shrugged.

"but you could learn! please, i need all the help i can get"

"look i could code you some stuff, maybe in minecraft, if you still how to play from back in 8th?"

"didn't minecraft die?"

"it's making a comeback, pewdiepie started playing it as a meme and it's blown up again, logistically it'd be best to start of with a game that's booming right now"

"well okay, i'll make an account right now! what should i name it?"

"you could be lorendipity? it's like serendipity but mashed with your name?"

"i like that, it's pretty" she smiled, nodding to herself as she continued to make the account.

bambi just returned to her room, feeling guilty for agreeing—she could honestly care less about helping her, but loren was all she had left, with her absent father and death of her mother, the girl had already been through enough. it'd been years though, and although it still stung, bambi was forced to move on. regardless, she tightly clung to the safety blanket that was her step sister.

so bambi just sighed, closing the current wall of code in front of her as she opened up twitch and created an account of her own to help her get used to it.

2020

"alright lovelies, i'll see you next tuesday! make sure to check out all my youtube channel too, we've just hit 4 million and i post every thursday and sunday! thanks for watching!" loren made a heart with her hands before waving good bye to the stream as bambi pressed end, finally relaxing in her chair.

"that was a really good one b, we had over 100k" loren gushed, grabbing her water bottle and taking a sip.

"yeah, i got really lucky with those villager trades, i don't think i would've had a—"

"—totally, so when you get a chance can you script the 4 million baking video and we can record tomorrow"

bambi sighed after being interrupted, "can't we just record later today like we planned? i'm almost done the script and i have plans with drake on wednesday"

"well i'm going out to lunch with holly, so we'll can just record early tomorrow"

"alright" bambi just sighed, mentally exhausted from being ordered around and never listened to.

for over a year loren had been reading scripts and giving very delayed reactions and commentary as bambi played the game extremely well, attracting more fame and viewers than they anticipated. you wouldn't think it'd work as well as it did, but loren had grown a rather large following after just one year. bambi didn't mind the lack of credit, as she was a naturally shy person and could never bring herself to speak on stream with the confidence loren did—even if she did read from a script.

the problem was, the more famous loren got, the more neglected and mistreated bambi became, which had just become normal, as she had nothing else to compare it too. and even though her best—and only—friend, drake constantly warned her of the toxicity, she never listened to him and ultimately, let it escalate.

to make matters worse, loren's father, or bambi's stepfather praised loren for her success, while scolding bambi. often calling her lazy and unproductive on his visits to their apartment. loren never really had to beg bambi to keep quiet about the whole situation, until it came to her father. so bambi stayed silent and learnt to deal with it.

as bambi prepared to turn off her phone and finish working on the script, she got a notification.

dreamwastaken has tweeted!