Chapter# 5

Sandals POV:

"Assalam o Allaikum. "

"Wallaikum Assalam, who was he?" As I sat in the car, Sobia baji started her interrogation.

"Who was who?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"The man you were talking to just now."

"My boss."

"Oh! He is handsome." She said, grinning.

"He is not."

"He is, my dear! You didn't see him standing there while he was looking at you in complete awestruck." She smiled.

I look out the window, he was staring in our direction with an expression that I couldn't understand. For a moment, our eyes met and I instantly averted my gaze and sat straight.

"He is hot! Isn't he?" Baji said, tilting her head a little.

"He is not hot, nor handsome. He is nothing more than a jerk. Overly privileged people who don't know how to respect others." I stated harshly.

She laughed like she was confused.

"Jerk? ...I don't know, Sandal. Should I be amazed by your choice of words for your boss, or should I be scolding you? What did he do to make you think of him this way? You're not the type of person who makes brash perceptions."

" Forget it, baji. It's nothing."

"Hm... You know, you can tell me anything that troubles you."

"I know, thank you" I smiled at her, which she returned.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I made an appointment with a psychiatrist for Hareem on Friday night. And I'll be taking you there too so be ready at seven-thirty, okay?"

"You don't have to pick us up. We can go by ourselves."

"I know you can go by yourselves, my big little cousin. But let me take you there for the first session. You are new in this city, and I don't want you to get lost, especially at night." She said, pinching my cheek.

"Jazakallah (May God reward you [with] goodness), baji." I said, massaging my cheek.

"Sandal, I think you should consult a psychiatrist too."

"No, I don't need it. I am perfectly fine."

"Fine? Are you calling yourself fine? Have you seen your eyes in the mirror? They are red and tired. You also have dark circles around your eyes and you call yourself fine? Tell me, when was the last time you slept properly?" She asked angrily.

I lean my head back and closed my eyes. She was right, I had insomnia for quite some time. Whenever I sleep, I end up being woken up by the same dream. A dream where I am searching for my eight-year-old sister, Palwasha like a mad person, but couldn't find her. I hear her voice, she was angry at me for not taking her home with Papa and Shoaib.

I let out a heavy sigh, "Baji, for now, let's just focus on Hareem and Ami. Okay?"

She shook her head, not agreeing with me, but didn't say anything.

~*~

Ahmed's POV:

Opening the door of my room, I threw my coat on the couch and ran my fingers through my hair. I was annoyed, very annoyed. But why? I don't even know. I shouldn't have offered to drop her off in the first place, that middle-class weird girl. It would've been better if I told her to take a cab.

But she didn't need a cab...

Oh! Yes, that over a smart girl called her cousin to pick her up.

And what's with Ali? Since when had he become so friendly with girls?

I threw my socks in my shoes, got up and changed clothes to go to the gym.

~*~

"This is better than the last time you cooked Korma." I teased Zohma, who was sitting beside me.

We were having dinner while critiquing her cooking.

"I take that as a compliment." She said, forcing a smile that made me chuckle.

"So, how was your meeting today?" Ami asked me and my smile dropped instantly.

"It didn't go well?" Zohma asked.

"No, it went well." I said, focusing on my food.

"So, why the long face?" Asked Ami.

"Nothing, Ami. You shouldn't get worried about little things." I frowned.

"Bhai, if she doesn't worry about us, then who will? She is our mother. Right?" Zohma's calm voice made me realize my mistake. I shouldn't have talked to her like this. I don't care about anything, but my family is everything to me.

"Sorry, Ami." I pleaded and she nodded in response. The rest of the dinner went in silent.

I ruined our family time...

I hate her... It's all because of her, that middle-class weird girl. Every time I think about her, it makes my blood boil.

Then don't think about her...

My inner voice suggested to me.

I got up from the table and went to my room. Taking out my mobile, I called Anam, someone whom I have to contact because of a certain requirement.  We talked for more than half an hour before going to sleep.

~*~

I came late to the office today as I didn't sleep properly last night. My steps stopped near the elevator when I saw Sandal hiding from me behind a pillar. A frown formed on my face, which was usual whenever I saw her. I started walking towards her but when I looked behind the pillar, she was already gone. Then my eyes landed on the closing door of the elevator with Sandal in it. The door closes, leaving me outside in surprise.

Why did she run?

What just happened....?

*************************

Assalam o Allaikum and Hello everyone!
1st thing first, Thank you for your support, readers! :)
2nd, I'm sharing a pic of Ahmed.
I do understand if some people may not like my choice. (To be honest, I won't complain as I believe everyone has their own taste and everyone is different from one another).
But to me, he is the creator of Ahmed's character.

Oh! And don't forget to vote and comment.

Take care. :)