Chapter#36

Not edited!

Sandal's POV:

"I need your help." I said to Zohma and Muskan as we sit in Zohma's room. She came to her weekly visit to our home today.

"What sort of help Bhabi?" Asked Muskan.

"Listen I wanted to talk to him about treatment tomorrow and I have no idea how to start it."

"Don't worry, everything will work out on its own once you start talking." Zohma shrugged.

"But still ... it will be better to have some sort of plan, so things won't go out of hand," Muskan said tapping her index finger on her chin, " got it." She smiled meaningfully.

~*~

Dinner, check. Dressing, check. Auntie and Muskan are not at home, check. I double-check everything and start waiting for Ahmed's arrival. I looked at the clock, there was still some time. After praying Asar when I make my way back to the living room I found Ahmed sitting on the couch in front of the television with a water bottle in his hand. He did not even take off his shoes. I frowned, taking a glass from the kitchen I put it on the coffee table in front of him.

"Assalam o Alaikum."

"Huh?... oh. Wallaikum Assalam." He averted his gaze from television to answer me then focus back on it. I turn to the TV and my frown deepened.

Live Cricket match!

This means, more than ninety per cent of the Pakistani male population is out of order until the match is going on. I sighed and looked at him hopelessly.

"Suniye? At least change your clothes."

"Going." He said, with his focus on the match.

As an over ended he walked into the room and came out with his shirt on hand. Everything happened so fast that it felt like watching some supernatural show.

I made tea for us and sit beside him. Hoping he would notice something, but ...

Nope! Nothing ...

That man didn't care to ask where his mother and sister are...

~*~

Sitting beside the bed on the floor, I threw my head back looking at the stars of the planetarium. If only Shoaib were here, he would've told me about the match schedule and saved me from wasting my time and energy like this.

Yeah, it was a total waste, even at dinner, he didn't realize that I made all his favourite dishes. After dinner, I gave him his tea and came here. Sitting in the living room and feeling avoided by your husband was harder than sitting here alone and sulking.

My phone beeped and Zohma's msg popped up.

Z: 'Plan is working?'

I: 'No, your cricket-crazy brother is busy in match :/'

Z: 'What? What kind of woman are you? Can't even seduce your husband.'

I: 'Speaking of husband. Where is yours? He is not watching cricket?'

Z: '*sigh* yes he is.'

I: 'As expected. Anyways going to pray Isha. Talk to you later.'

I threw my phone on the bed, pray Isha and came back to my previous position. Did Papa do the same with Ami during matches? And she felt the same dejection and disappointment as me?

~*~

Ahmed's POV:

'Bhai, can I talk to Sandal? She is not picking her phone.'