Chapter#12

Ahmed's POV:

Sitting in the backseat of my car, I was looking out the window before closing my eyes and leaning my head back.

What's with these days? Nothing is appealing and has a continuous agitating feeling inside. I tried to shove away this feeling but failed pathetically. So, I ran. Ran away from the foreign feelings I have been feeling lately. I took the first flight on Monday and came to Islamabad.
I didn't expand my business to Islamabad but still bought my own house here.

Whenever my family or I visit here, we always stay at my house. I thought I could spend some time alone in peace but Allah has its own plans. He can create anything and can ruin anything. Like how he ruined my peaceful time alone by sending my friends on the next day. But still, I thank him for not sending all of them.

"Come on, man! Don't be like this. You're destroying our get together." I heard Salman's voice from the passenger's seat.

"It wasn't supposed to be a get together in the first place." I said without opening my eyes.

"Are you sulking?" He asks again.

"About what?" This time I open my eyes.

"Hm... Let me see... You were planning to spend time with Anam or something and we ruined your plan by coming here."

I shook my head and closed my eyes again.

"Are you upset about something? Is it about Saifi House?" This time it was Armaghan who asked.

"Tell me, did any of my sisters send you here?" Instead of answering, I throw my question at them.

"Nope! She just told us that you look upset. So, we came to check on you. Now speak up! What is the...." This was Salman.

"Quit it, for now, Salman. We can talk about it later. Besides, human minds don't work properly when your stomach is empty." Armaghan shut him up as he stops the car near a restaurant.

We gave our orders and start talking about the weather which ends with international politics. In between eating, they informed me that Imran and Saeed would also be here until nighttime.
I am happy that Saeed is coming too. He has been very busy since he got married. It could help him to take a break from being a responsible husband. On the other hand, Imran is too much to handle sometimes, especially when he is with Salman. But it would be fun, all of my friends will be together.

~*~

Saeed and Imran came late at night. So, we let them rest. The next morning, we all gather in the car and drove to Maree. It's a beautiful place with high hills, tall trees and lots of monkeys. We spent almost two days sightseeing, tasting the food and mountain climbing. It feels like being back in the old days, enjoying everything. This thought calms me a lot but every text or call I receive from work brings me back to reality, along with that agitating feeling.

"You're going to catch a cold, you know." My head snapped towards the owner of the voice and saw Saeed standing with two cups of coffee.

He sat beside me and handed over a cup to me, which I gladly took. It's freezing here, especially when you're lying on the grass at sunrise.

"It's still so cold in Islamabad that you have to wear a sweater." I started the conversation before taking a sip from my cup.

"It is,... that is something you have to get used to if you are living in Pakistan. It has all kinds of weather at the same time." He said with a smile and continued without looking at me, "So, what are you running from this time?"