Chapter#20

Sandal's POV:

"Zohma, why are meeting for lunch?" I whined.

"Friends don't need reasons to meet." She stated.

"Okay fine!"

"Good, I'll pick you."

" Okay! Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz."

Ending the call I glanced at the notebook which has today's schedule of Sir. I have to inform him about it but, too hesitant to do it. It was never my favourite task, to begin with. It always ruined my day because it's my first work early in the morning and he always humiliated me with his stupid comments on my lack of professional training. But things started to change slowly and for an unknown reason, he stopped embarrassing me. Now... he just stares, with an unfathomable expression on his face. His gaze never leaves me and makes me uncomfortable to the point that sometimes I started to stutter. I didn't want today to be the same, as I already feel pathetic enough for yesterday. Knocking the door I walked inside his office.

"Assalam o Allaikum Sir."

"Wallaikum Assalam!"

"Sir toda-" I started to speak but was instantly stopped.

"Sandal I thought Zohma give you my message to take a day off." There was anger in his voice as well as in his eyes.

"Eh?... ah... yes." I gazed down after taking a glance at him.

"Still you're here... why?"

"I am fine now. There wasn't any need for a day off."

"Is that so?"

A frown formed on my forehead, I didn't like his tone. Still, I didn't answer him just nodded.

"Hm!... okay... good." He said staring into space and suddenly got up.

"Go and grab your phone,  you are going with me."  He said closing his laptop.

"Huh?... where?"

"For breakfast, I am hungry."

"But I am not." I said abruptly, "I mean... I already took my breakfast."

"Then just have a cup of coffee and give me company."

"Company?" My eyes widened.

What is he talking about ...

"What?" He asked frowning and I hurriedly shook my head.

"Good! Go and pick your things, hurry."

"But Sir-"

"Sandal, I don't like no for an answer." He said in a monotonous voice.

First his sister and now him.... does this stubbornness run through all of his family??

Stomping back to my office, I grab my bag and mobile, I silently walk behind him. Sitting on the passenger seat beside him, I squirm as usual while looking at him, to make sure he doesn't notice. 

He was wearing a white check shirt and black dress pants. Which was the same colour as his hair? The black colour suits him better. I don't know why he changes his hairstyle so frequently and why he abuses his natural hair colour like this.

"It's rude to stare Sandal." I snapped out of my thoughts on his voice.

"I- I wasn't staring." I said looking away.

"Then?" He smirked.

"I was... Thinking."

"Really?... so what were you thinking,  looking at me like that?" His smirk widened.