Chapter#32

Not edited:

Sandal's POV:

I stared at him as he comforts Ami holding in an embrace. Our eyes met and we held each other gaze before we were interrupted by Imran's voice.

"Assalam o Alaikum everyone." He waved his hand to me and Areeba said something under her breath, which I didn't catch.

"Wallaikum Assalam. How are you?"

"As handsome as ever." He said combing his hair with fingers and I heard Areeba scoff.

I looked at her, who was busy on mobile and then Imran, he just shrugged and look away.

What am I missing here???

"What brings you here?" I asked him walking towards Ahmed.

"Just wanted to encourage the brave people of my country." He smiled mentioning the school building.

"That's so nice of you."

"Not really, I am a part of them as well, so what if I came for them."

"Right." I gave him an encouraging smile

~*~

Imran dragged us all to have a second breakfast with him and then I saw how much can Ahmed eat. He just ate two parathas before leaving the house and now he was eating halwa puri.

Ya Allah! Does this man has a hole in his stomach???

After it, we headed back home.

"Auntie, we needed to leave tonight for Karachi. Something important came up and I really need to be there." He announced when we reached home and I looked at him in surprise.

Can't he just tell me before?

"Sure beta, you should go, work is important." Ami answered him, then said to me, "Sandal leave everything. Areeba and I will make lunch. You go and pack your stuff." Her voice didn't sound normal.

"Ji (yes)!" I instantly got up and Ahmed followed me to my room. I was mad at him for not telling me before yet I kept my mouth shut and start packing. Suddenly he held me from both arms and turned me around to face him.

"Hey, I know you don't want to leave yet but it's important. I have to be in the office tomorrow." He explained to me in a low voice.

"Can't you leave me here for a few days?" I looked at him expectantly.

"No. You are going back with me."

"Please, just for a few days?"

"No means no Sandal. I will not leave you here." He said sternly and left the room. I stood there staring at my feet and trying to hold my tears which started to flow on their own. It was the first time when I asked him and he rejected me like this, not caring how will I feel.

~*~

I didn't talk much to him after that and he seems to be noticed that, as he tried to compensate by taking us out on dinner but it didn't help me at all. I put up the mask of 'everything is fine' in front of Ami and Areeba. I didn't want to trouble and when we were about to leave Ami embraced me tightly and told me to hang on. Men have a very different face for their wives and it is a wife's ability to handle him. Her advice made me think she understood what happen between me and Ahmed.

"Ami?"

"Hm?"

"How many eyes do you have?"

"Mother has only one eye for her kids and it's her heart... it can see everything." She laughed and kissed my face. I said goodbye to Areeba and hugged Hareem. Ahmed promised them to bring me back after a month.