012🧡

Lacey sat in the staffroom. She was trying to focus on the pile of marking in front of her but she knew that everything was hard especially since she lost the baby.

Lacey sighed as she sat back in her seat as Tom walked in. He saw her and walked over to her as he sat on the edge of the desk that she was sitting in front of and smiled as he took a hold of her hand and pulled her to her feet so that she was standing in front of him

"Tom"

"no lace, we are going to talk as we need to. We lost our baby and you have been pushing me away and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what you are going through and how I can't take the pain away but I love you and I am here and I want to help, I want to help us get through it but how can I when you won't talk to me" he said as Lacey looked to him with tears in her eyes.

Lacey could see the pain in his eyes. She knew it was his baby that she had lost

"what if it's my fault" Lacey said as Tom looked to her and frowned

"what do you mean"

"because of what happened when I was seventeen and how I gave our son away" Lacey said as Tom sighed as he pulled her into his arms and smiled

"this isn't your fault I promise" he said as he kissed her

***
Lacey was sitting in her classroom. The door opened and Alexis walked in. She smiled. "Can I talk to you?" She asked.

Lacey frowned. "What's going on babes? Mum has noticed you've been off. Are you back on the drugs?"

Alexis shook her head. "No it's not that."

"Then what?"

"I'm pregnant. I'm so so scared Lacey and I need my big sister. I'm too scared to tell mum," Alexis sobbed.

Lacey frowned. She looked at her. "Are you sure?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

Alexis nodded. She handed her sister the pregnancy test. She looked down at it. Lacey sighed. "Lex. Are you okay?" She asked.

"No. I'm scared. And I'm scared mum will kick me out," she sobbed.

Lacey held her little sister close to her. She sighed. "It'll be okay."

***
Lacey looked up as Tom walked in. She smiled slightly. "Hey. How you doing?" He asked as he sat down next to her.

Lacey shrugged. She sighed. "Hectic day. Really hectic," she told him.

Tom laughed and nodded and smiled. He handed her a drink. Lacey sighed. "How about you? How's your day been?"

"Can't complain."

Lacey grinned and let Tom kiss her cheek. Tom smiled. "I've been thinking. What if we try and find our little boy? I know it won't be easy, but we can try," he said.

Lacey looked at him. "You...what?"

Tom nodded. "I've been thinking about it. And we can both do this. I know we can. We weren't ready before, but maybe we could try and find him."

Lacey looked him and frowned. But could she open wounds that she thought had healed?