Interlude - Trust?

(A/N- This takes place in the two hour time frame it took the Reds and Blues to finish their "irony" debate.)

Ruby: How are you feeling?

Tucker: I got hit by a fucking rocket.

The two were still in the middle of the canyon with magenta girl still tending to the cyan soldier.

Ruby: Taking that as a not good.

Tucker: Yeah.

Ruby: Well, you're at least stabilized. Do you feel any dizziness?

Tucker: No, am I supposed to.

Ruby: If you did, that'd mean you don't have enough blood in your body. You're pretty lucky Tucker. Now you can brag about surviving a rocket blast to the other Blues.

Tucker: That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Suddenly, an alert popped up on Ruby's visor.

Ruby: I'll be right back.

Ruby walked out of Tucker's earshot.

Ruby: Allison.

A small Tex appeared. . . .

Ruby: So, I found out who O'Malley was. . . and now one my friends is on the verge of dying.

Allison: Ummm. . . .

Ruby sighed. . . .

Ruby: Where were you?!

Her sudden rise in tone made the A.I. float back a little.

Allison: I was looking for O'Malley-

Ruby: And why didn't you let me help?! You put all of us in danger by leaving us in the dark!

Allison: The Blues knew.

Ruby: But the Reds didn't. If even one of us knew, this could've gone a whole lot better!

Allison: Ruby, O'Malley is dangerous!

Ruby: Yeah, I know, he almost killed Tucker and kidnapped Lopez.

Allison: I meant for you! He can control people, make them see thing!

Ruby: Yeah I know, he did that to Doc.

Allison: Ruby, if he gives you y-

Ruby: So what if he gives me brain damage?! Being unable to protect my friends will hurt me more than that stupid A.I. ever could Allison!

Allison: You had a panic attack when I uttered one word Ruby! The A.I. could make that ten times worse!

Ruby: I don't care! I want to help you! I want to protect my friends! I want to protect you too!

Allison: Well I want to protect you!

Ruby: I can protect myself Allison! Trust is a two way street! If you can't trust me, then I can't trust you. . . .

The Beta A.I. began to realize all the progress she had made was beginning to fade. . . .

Allison: Just. . . promise me that whatever you do, do not let him get inside your head. Your radio stays off at all times. . . .

Ruby: . . . Okay. No more hiding things? No more secrets? No more leaving me in the dark?

Allison: No. . . No more.

Ruby: I really do trust you Allison. . . you just have to trust me now.

The ravennette turned away and began walking back towards Tucker. Allison sent her a message, saying she'd be finding a body before going after O'Malley. . . .

Ruby: Its a start. . . .

She arrived at the still lying down Tucker.

Ruby: Still alive?

Tucker: Hey, I'm not Church now.

Ruby: I can see that. Do you actually think he's a ghost?

Tucker: There isn't really any other explanation.

The magenta girl chuckled before crouching down to continue helping Tucker.

Tucker: Soooo. . . Who's Allison?

The girl froze.

Ruby: You didn't hear all that, did you. . .?

Tucker: Only bits and pieces.

She let out a sigh of relief.

Ruby: She's my A.I., except she's not evil.

Tucker: Oh, Is she hot?

Ruby: Tucker, I'm going to stab you in the balls.

Tucker: Please don't! I'm sorry!

She rolled her eyes. . . .

Ruby: I know we're supposed to be enemies and stuff, but can I ask you something. . .?

Tucker: Sure, go for it Rubes.

Ruby: This isn't the question, but please don't tell me you've nicknamed every girl you've met?

Tucker: Nah, only a few.

Ruby: Thats still worrying. *sighs* When you trust someone, how do you feel?

Tucker: Oh, it's deep shit.

Ruby: Tucker.

Tucker: Right, right. . . Uh, I feel like I'm in good hands. Um, safe I guess? I don't really know, I've never thought about it. I guess you have faith in whoever it is you're trustin'. What, you trust me?

Ruby looked at the idiotic blue in front of her before sighing.

Ruby: Kinda.

Tucker: Good enough for me, hot stuff.

Ruby: If you call me my actual name, I might actually spare you a second glance.

Tucker: Wait, seriously?

The magenta girl smirked.

Ruby: I guess we'll find out.