Chapter 2

"And I got full marks!" He said happily while looking at me with a big smile. I looked at him and smiled while patting his head, "That's my boy". He chuckled and held my hand in his small one.

"Mommy, I want pizza for dinner, pleaseeeeee," He said while making puppy eyes. I chuckled and shook my head, "Please mommy, I even got full marks" I started laughing while shaking my head.

"Okay, then it's pizza for dinner" "YEES!" I smiled while looking at him and then looked back on the road. He is really the best thing which happened to me.

When we arrived home he jumped out of the car and ran in. "Zain, don't run!" I shouted from behind while closing the car door and took his school bag and walked towards the door.

I walked in and started taking my shoes off, "Granpa, look I got full marks, and mommy said we will have pizza for dinner" I chuckled and walked into the living room.

"Assalamu alaikum abbu-ji," I said while walking up to him. "Wa Alaikum salam," He said with a smile on his lips. "So our boy got full marks" I chuckled and nodded.

"He did, and he got the chance to have pizza for tonight's dinner" "Tsk, pizza, do whatever you want to do" I looked at the stairs and just ignored her.

She kept looking at Zain with a glare, I looked at him while he kept looking down while abbu took him in his embrace. "Zain how about we get changed and then we'll make pizza," I said while grabbing his hand.

He didn't say anything and held my hand tightly. I walked past her and went up to our room. I looked at my boy and sighed sadly, "Why so down champ?"

"Mommy, why does grandma hate me?" "Don't think like that, she doesn't hate you, she is just... sad" I sat on the bed beside him and put him on my lap.

"Now don't be sad, I don't like to see my baby sad" "Mommy" He whined while pouting. "I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy" I chuckled and looked at him. I carefully threw him on the bed and started tickling him.

"Uh, really, is my baby big now" "M-Mommy, stop, p-please" I stopped and kissed him all over his face. "Now go get changed and then we'll make pizza together" He jumped off the bed and ran towards the bathroom.

I sighed and went downstairs. When I was at the stairs I heard shouting, "Why did I even marry you?!" "Shouldn't you ask your daughter?! She had a child without marriage!"

Abbu was going to say something back but I stopped him. "Abbu-ji, don't" She glared at me, while I just ignored her and walked into the kitchen. I started to get the ingredients ready and then I heard small footsteps.

"Mommy, let's make pizza" When we were about to start the doorbell ringed, before I could go Zain ran towards the door. I knew who it was so I just kept doing my work.

Then I heard giggling and laughing voices getting closer to the kitchen. "Mommy, look!" I looked at him and sighed, not again.

"Uncle bought me a car," He said excitedly and ran towards me to show it. "Ya Allah, what did I say about spoiling him, Usman?" I said while looking at my little brother who looked older than me.

"Come on Jannat, that's just a car" "Yeah, yesterday you bought a video game for him, and today this" "Wow, you're making pizza" He changed the topic like nothing while I just sighed. This boy will never change.

"How was work?" "Good, and I have good news" "What?" "I got transferred to Albany" I hugged him tightly while smiling.

"That's good, you've always wanted to work there," I said while pulling away from the hug. He nodded his head and put Zain on the kitchen counter.

"So when are you leaving?" "After tomorrow" I nodded and then he looked at me seriously. "What?" "She did it again?" I shook my head and started to do my work.

"Jannat, I know she did I can see it all over your face. And it's only silence in the house if you stop them from fighting" I sighed and started pushing him out.

"Go tell them about it and get ready for dinner" Zain laughed while I looked at him confused. I looked at Usman and saw him making faces. This boy, "Get out if you don't want to be kicked"

AFTER DINNER
"Zain come on, you have school tomorrow," I said while walking into Usman's room where I saw them playing video games. I sighed while looking at them.

"Uncle you need to run!" "Zain, you coming or I won't talk to you" "Bye uncle" I chuckled when he just threw the remort and started running towards our room.

"Wow, he left his game without even thinking" I chuckled and shook my head, "Sleep now," I said while closing the door after me. I went back to my room and saw Zain on the bed with his book in his hand.

"Ready for bed?" He nodded tiredly and yawned. I chuckled and walked towards him, I put the blanket over him and pecked his forehead. "Goodnight my angel" "Goodnight mommy," He said in his sleepy voice and went to sleep.

I stood up and walked downstairs to my dad's room, I slowly opened the door and saw him holding a picture. I walked up to him and sat down beside him.

I looked at the picture he was holding and smiled, "She looks beautiful" He nodded his head and put his arm around me. "I never hated her, I wish she was still here" He whispered while I put my head on his chest.

"Me too" We kept looking at the picture when I heard soft snores. I slowly sat up and helped him lay down and then I put the cover over him. I took the picture and put it on the table.

I walked out and was going to my room when I heard sniffings coming from her room. I peeked and saw her doing the same, she was holding the picture in her hands and was crying.

My eyes got teary while I kept standing there, when I saw that she fell asleep I slowly walked in and put the cover over her body. "I'm sorry mom" I whispered and closed the door after me.

You shouldn't have left like this........