Chapter 39

2 MONTHS LATER
"Shift the patient to room nr 303" "Thank you for the hard work Dr. Jannat" I nodded my head and walked out of the surgery room where I saw the patient's family waiting.

"H-How is my father?" The daughter asked as she ran up to me. I smiled and nodded my head, "The surgery went perfect, he will be shifted to room nr 303, you can meet him there"

"T-Thank you, thank you so much" She cried while holding my hands. I patted her back and smiled before going to my office. I sat down and closed my eyes.

The past few weeks I wasn't feeling good. I'm getting tired very fast and have been feeling dizzy all the time. I heard my phone ringing and as I looked at the caller id, I smiled.

"Hello, Dr. Jannat"
"Hello, Mr. Kingstone, how can I help you?"

I heard him chuckling while I smiled.

"So when should I pick you up?"
"Hmm, you can come now... I'm finished for today"
"I'll be there in 5 min... I love you"
"I love you too"

After the call, I looked at the time and sighed. "Already 6 pm" I stood up putting my coat on and took my bag before heading down. "Call me if anything happens," I said to the nurse as she nodded her head.

I went down into the parking and saw Makson's car driving in, he stopped the car right in front of me as I smiled and got in. "How was my beautiful wife's day?" "Well, it's was good" He pecked my forehead before driving.

As soon as we both walked in Zain ran up to us. "Mommy! Daddy!" I picked him up and kissed his cheek as he looked at Makson, "No kisses for daddy?" I chuckled as I saw Makson pouting.

"No, Zain loves mommy more right?" I said as I looked at him. I put Zain down as Makson looked at os, "That's not fair" I held Zain's hand as he looked at me and then his dad.

"Daddy, catch us if you can" As he said that we both ran while laughing. "Oh really, I'll catch you in 10 seconds" Zain ran towards mom as he saw her walking into the living room.

"Granny, help!" I ran towards dad and stood beside him, "You both can't run away from me!" "Are you three at it again?" Mom asked while she looked at us.

Dad laughed and shook his head, "Their day isn't complete without doing this" Mom nodded while smiling. I ran when I saw Makson coming towards me.

"Makson stop right there!" I said while laughing. I was running while he ran after me, but suddenly I started feeling dizzy. I stopped and held my head as I felt like passing out.

I fell as Makson shouted. "Jannat!" He ran up to me and helped me up. Mom, dad and Zain also came after hearing his loud voice. "What happened?" Mom asked worriedly while looking at us.

"Nothing mom, I just felt... Dizzy" I said while holding onto Makson. "I've been seeing you Jannat, you aren't taking care of yourself" "Mom, I'm fine"

"No, you're not... Mom is right, you need to rest, you've been working nonstop" Makson said as he shot me a glare. "Take Jannat up to your room, your mom will come with dinner there"

"No dad, it's alright... Mom is already tired after taking care of Zain for a whole day, I'll help-" Before I could finish my sentence Makson picked me up in bridal style and started walking upstairs.

"Makson! I'm fine!" "I'm not listening to you," He said as he opened the door to our room with his leg and closed it again using his leg. He put me on the bed and helped me with my coat and shoes.

Suddenly I felt like throwing up. It felt weird but I ignored it, but it came again and this time I ran into the bathroom. "Jannat!" He ran after me and patted my back as I sat there breathing heavily.

I looked at Makson and everything seemed blurred. "M-Makson" I whispered his name before everything went black.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. "What happened?" I put my head in my hands and sighed. The door to the room opened op and there Makson walked in with a tray with food.

"Makson?" He looked at me and quickly walked towards me. He put the tray on the nightstand and held my hands. "How are you feeling now? Does it hurt anywhere?" I shook my head as he sighed while helping me to sit up. 

"I'm sorry I made you worried" I whispered as I looked down. He put his hand under my chin and made me look at him, he smiled before pecking my lips.

"Don't be sorry... Well, you did make me worry, including everyone else... But at the same time you made us happy" I looked at him confused as he kept smiling like an idiot.

"What do you mean?" He held my hands tightly and took a deep breath. "It's always the other way, but now I'm telling you this... We're pregnant" I looked at him shocked.

"W-What?" He nodded his head and put his hand on my stomach. "We're going to be parents once again Jannat" He whispered but loud enough for me to hear. My eyes teared up as I put my hand on my stomach.

"I'm... pregnant... Makson..." The only thing I thought about at the moment was Zain. "I-I'm worried... W-What if Zain will feel different? He is my first baby, I-I don't want him to be forgotten"

"Jannat, take it easy... Nothing like that is gonna happen and you know it better. Your love for Zain is deeper than anything. You will be an amazing mother once again" He said as I slowly wrapped my arms around him.

"MOMMY!" The door opened with a slam and Zain ran in. He jumped on the bed and sat beside me. "Mommy! I'm gonna be a big brother!" He had the biggest smile on his lips. "Are you happy?" "Yes very very very much"

I opened my arms as he happily hugged me. "Okay now, if my prince and queen are done talking, then let's eat" "wait... Mommy, I wanna feel my sibling"

"Well, you wouldn't be able to feel anything but you can hear the little heartbeat," I said as his eyes sparkled. We were having our little family time while laughing, talking and eating.

I couldn't ask for anything more. Everything was perfect, I got a beautiful family, just as I always wished. I couldn't ask for more, I had everything I needed.

A loving family, a loving husband, my children and my Allah who helped me through all my hardships. I was more than happy.