32

Nayeon

I don't have any choice, he will harm her and I can't let that happen. This is the only time I can be with my mother again, and I can't lose that chance.

"Hey? Are you okay?" I snapped from my thoughts when I heard Jeong.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about the game" I lied. Through my college years Jeong has always been by myside, she never left me, even a single time.

The game is in 3 days, but my  mind is occupied on how will I know Lisa's place. I need to do it faster, we need to get her as soon as possible.

"Yeon" I turned and looked at her, Jeong is looking at me with worried face. No, she can't know anything.

"Let's go!" I grabbed her hand to enter the court but she pulled me back causing my chest to press on hers.

"Yeon, I don't want to force you if you don't want to talk about it, but please promise me that if you can't handle anymore, you could always tell me. You know that I'm always here for you right?"

If she knows how much I wanted to burst out, how much I want to curse that man and how much I want to be out of this mess, but I can't. I don't want to include her in my trouble.

"Of course, thank you Jeong" I said and smiled at her.

"Yeon" she cupped my face. I know I'm used to her doing this, but inside of me is telling me that I should be nervous.

And my heart starts beating faster.

"I love you" and that made me stop.

I was just staring at her. She loves me? No! She can't.

"Jeong-" I tried to pull her hands out but she stop and hold it.

"Will you listen to me this time? I've been always here for you Yeon, but why can't you see it?" I never saw Jeong this serious in my entire life.

"Jeong-"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry but I don't want to regret the time that I haven't told you about this. I.....I....." she can't continue her words.

"Jeong please" I don't want to hear it, I don't want her to say it again. Because I know my answer will hurt her.

"No, Yeon. I heard you and Lisa, I'm sorry. I know I don't have the right to ask this but..... is it true? Is it true Yeon?" my eyes widened on what she said.

How? She wasn't there.

"Just a yes or no. Is it true? You.....you like....Jisoo?" pain was visible in her eyes, please let me go. Because I can't stand seeing you like this.

"Yes" I lied.

She didn't say anything and she was just still looking at me. Even though some students were looking at us, she doesn't care.

I thought whenever you see someone smile, it will make you happy. But when she smiled, I know it will hurt me.

Because she smiled and let go.

"Nayeon! Jeongyeon!" I turned my head and saw Jisoo, when I looked back at Jeong, she was still staring at me.

"Are you guys okay?" she asked. No one answered her.

Shit! Shit! Then she started walking away from us. I was about to follow after her but I heard Harold's world in my head.

And I stop and decided to let her.

"Let's go" I held Jisoo's hand and pulled her inside the court.
*******
Lisa
"What do you mean you're transferring? Why? And Jisoo will go with you? What's happening Lisa? Are you breaking up with me?" I already anticipated this reaction of hers.