05

"Looks like we made it in time,"

Kurapika stated as we finally reached the finish line. We looked around for Leorio for a second before Gon pulled my arm to where he is. We saw him sitting by the tree all beaten up and seeming unconscious.

"Man that stings, why am I all beaten up?"

I was surprised at what he said. I turned to look at the two and they seemed also.

"My memory is kinda hazy,"

"We probably shouldn't tell him what happened," Kurapika leaned and whispered. I nodded in agreement.

I saw Killua approaching us and talked to Gon. I then made my way to Leorio and helped him tend to his wounds, though he dismissed me, telling me that he was fine and doesn't need that much attention.

"I followed Leorio's cologne," Gon replied to which the white haired boy perked up. Killua then proceeded to tell how Gon is really weird.

Well, I could say the same.

"Excellent work, everyone! The Phase Two of the exam will take place in here, The Biska Forest Park, so I shall take my leave, best of luck to all of you"

With that he walked away with his unusual stance again. My eyes followed his silhouette till I couldn't see him anymore. Then the large steel gate opened, it's metallic noise ringing in my ears.

I hope this second phase will involve fighting, I can't wait to move my muscles around.

"Will the passers of first phase come in?" A woman with her hair up said. She was sitting on a couch beside her was a big man. All of us soon entered feeling quite suspicious of what the next phase will be.

"Seeing these cooking utensils here, I think we're gonna cook," I pondered as I took a good look around. I suddenly cringed, remembering the last time I cooked for myself. Honestly, it wasn't that good but at the same time it wasn't that bad. Well that was what my mother commented when I let her try my dish.

"I'm Menchi the second examiner," the girl introduced herself and then turned to the man beside her.

"And I'm Buhara, the other examiner,"

After that brief introduction, a loud growl was suddenly heard. It made some applicants worry about what noise they heard. Menchi turned and asked his partner if he was hungry in which the man nodded to. The girl then stood up and yelled, "Phase two will involve cooking!"

"Cooking?"

"Wait, cooking?"

All of the applicants groaned at what the challenge will be. I did cook once and that's that. Looks like I have to head home sooner than expected.

"Why do we have to cook today!"

"That's because we are Gourmet Hunters!"

All of them laughed at what she said. 'These people need to know how to pay respect,' I then felt Menchi boiling with anger, she then called his partner's name to come into the front.

"Today's menu will be pork, you can freely use meat from any species of Biska Forest pigs." Buhara explained while all of us listened closely. "You must use the cooking facilities here to prepare the pork,"

"And you only pass if we both find it delicious," he added

"And we will evaluate it more than just the taste. Don't underestimate the intricacies of cooking. Got it?" Menchi boldly said.

With last instruction, we ran outside and looked for these pigs that they wanted us to cook for them but so far I didn't see one bit. I stood there for a minute and stayed focused. I quickly sensed the pigs presence from nearby, I ran to its hideout and slid down the slope. I let out a small mewl when Gon slammed to my back but I thought it was just him, I nearly flew out of my place when the boys came downward too.

"Fiz, found them!

Our eyes turned to the bunch of pigs hovering around that looked like some pile of bones. That made me stop for a bit and made me realize something.

"Uh...they're chewing on bones,"Leorio muttered.

"Don't tell me...They're carnivores?" Kurapika stammered and suddenly the pigs let out a a cry which made the five us scramble on our feet and quickly ran out of there.

While running our asses off the other applicants who didn't bother to run got slammed by the pigs. Their bodies flew off to the ground which quickened my pace. But one pig caught up to me. I picked up a rock and threw it at its forehead making it grunt in pain it suddenly stopped at its track and drop to the ground.

I clapped in happiness and I turned to the side and saw Gon doing it too. I quickly grabbed the pig's body and pulled it back to the base. Menchi and Buhara saw me, giving me a thumbs up. I laid the pork on the counter and chopped off its head. I decided to go with its belly and placed it flat down on the surface.

I rubbed salt, peppers, and herbs and rolled it all the way to the opposite side, I secured it using a thread. Then roast it over the flame.

The examiners then started tasting our dishes. But every applicant seems to have failed. I started to get nervous at my dish, I was like living in a prayer, hoping that they both would pass me.

Soon it was my turn to present the dish. Their eyes lit up when I laid it in front of them and then they both took a bite. Menchi let out a satisfying sound while Buhara devoured the whole thing.

"It's amazing!" Menchi grabbed my shoulders and slammed my face to her chest. I got flustured as she was wearing some see-through clothing. "You passed!"

"It seems like only one passed, We're finished here!"

"Huh, it's over?"

"What the hell,"

Then a blonde guy suddenly made his way in front. Looking at me as if I did something wrong, he then darted his eyes to the front.

"This is unacceptable! Do you hear me? this is unacceptable!"

He even broke his own kitchen counter because of his anger. His eyes were burning with fury it made me back off a little. Menchi then stood up and gave him some of her thoughts.

"In the end, you've still failed,"

"Stop screwing around!" He snapped. "You asked for pork, so we risked our lives to give—"

"I said to prepare pork in a manner we both find delicious! None of you made it delicious, almost all of you did the same thing, there was no effort made, I'm positive that some of you didn't take cooking seriously!"

"All pork dishes are the same thing—"

One dude commented before Menchi flew to his front and grabbed his collar.

"Just say that once more. Any crap from you and I'll shove my arm up your ass and knock your teeth out!"

She proceeded to tell the man off as I silently made my way back to my counter. It was awkward to stand there in front while they were looking at me in envy. It made me feel a little bit guilty.

Then the blonde got so fed up and charged to attack Menchi but Buhara was fast to slap his body to other side of the base. The woman got her blades out, warning us that they always venture into the wild and that if you lack willingness to try something new then that alone makes us not deserving to be a hunter.

A voice suddenly interrupted Menhci, we looked up and saw an airship stopping right above us.

"That said, it would be excessive to fail every single applicant."

As the airship was getting closer, a sign caught my eyes. Then I heard somewhere from the crowd that it's the symbol of the Hunter Association. Then within a moment, a man jumped out of it.

"Who's that geezer?"

"The chairman of the selection committee. He's in charge of Hunter exam. Chairman Netero,"