08.2

I stuck to what I assumed and I successfully passed through eight rooms and got to the ninth room which I thought was the last, but I was wrong. There are still two doors inside of the room. I looked at the drawing again and realized that one leads to the death room I encountered at first and the other one leads to unknown

I opened the death door and noticed that the structure was too small. I then noticed that there was a hidden door at the opposite side of the room. That must be the final door. I ran to it and in an instant the room was engulfed by flames but before I could get hurt by it, I already got to the final door.

"Congratulations! You made it out alive. I am merely surprised with your ability." The announcer said. "I'm Lippo, the examiner for this phase,"

Well, that was a mind fuck. I felt my brain was gonna explode from too much thinking. I bent down to catch my breath. I looked around and saw that I was alone again. How I wish I'm with those guys, the silence is too loud in here.

"I bet you're wishing that you're with your friends, so because of winning this trial, I shall grant you that wish!" He stated again which made me a little bit surprised. "All you have to do is walk through that door,"

Upon opening it, I was completely met by total darkness. I took a step forward and my foot hit something, I bent down to grab and realized that it was a flashlight. I turned it on and saw that it wasn't a whole room but a long hallway with mannequins standing at the side.

"Fuck," I muttered, I was expecting to see the guys here but I guess this Tower really lives up to its name.

The mannequins were faceless but there is something weird about them. Realization soon struck me, I am greatly mistaken, these aren't mannequins, these are marionettes! I gulped and made my way down to the hallway, hoping nothing scary would happen.

As I was busy watching out for something, I saw something lurking in the darkness. I flashed the light on it and saw one marionette in an odd position, it looked like it was gonna take a step.

( GIFs from Little Nightmares 2)

The light coming from the flashlight got weaker. I heard movements and saw that they were trying to catch me. I quickly moved away from an approaching swarm of marionettes and ran through the long hallway. I felt relieved when I saw another door but I regretted that move. As soon as I got inside, my feet didn't touch anything.

My heart dropped the moment I felt that there was no floor and while falling, all my memories flashed right before my eyes but that soon stopped when I fell on the top of someone. I took a look and realized that it was Tonpa.

"Fiz!"

I looked up and saw Gon ran up to me, quickly gave me a hug, Killua soon followed and pulled me up to stand. Tonpa was totally knocked out because of me and I somehow feel guilty. I was about to wake him up when Leorio stopped me.

"He deserves that, after all he gave up on the first match making us lose one point,"

I turned to look at the front and saw a stage at the center and on the other side people with cloaks on. I was wondering what these could be.

"So you're the sixth person we're waiting for," Kurapika stated making his way to me. "The examiner said to defeat these prisoners of trick tower and secure 4 wins,"

"Oh, I see," I said and smiled. Finally, I could able to move my muscles around now.

"So who's next?"

"Me," Kurapika replied and took off his bag and went to the stage right away. I'm not gonna lie but the fight was kind of exciting.

I decided to squat down as I felt my pain in my back. All the running earlier, didn't just physically exhaust me but my mind as well. I looked weak back there and it was lucky for me that no one saw that side of me.

If my grandfather surely saw that, I'd be humiliated and disgraced by him.

Soon my train of thoughts stopped when I heard gasps coming from the group. I turned to the front and saw Kurapika on his knees and seemed to be not moving. I diverted my eyes to the opponent and saw his spider tattoo. If I'm not mistaken, those symbolizes that someone is a member of Phantom Troupe.

"What's wrong with you?"

Suddenly, Kurapika dashes forward, landing a powerful punch on the man's face. The man was now lying on the floor. Don't know if he's still alive or not with that Kurapika left the battlefield and saw his eyes fully red.

"Those remind me of my mother," I whispered as my eyes trailed and followed him to the back. Back when my mother still had her eyes, they would always glow red whenever she sung me a lullaby or hugged and kissed me a goodnight. Could it be that...

I wasn't able to focus on Leorio's match as I kept thinking about him. I didn't know how to approach him, he still looked pissed and I don't want to him lose his cool Maybe I should just back off and give him time.

Soon Leorio's match ended and we lost. We even lost 50 hours of our time but that's not really a big deal for me but for the others? I don't know how will they take that. Soon it was Killua's turn. But then this boy does things in a fast paced manner. He's an assassin indeed.

"Well, that was fast," I commented when I saw Killua going back to us. I looked at the scores and saw that we already secured three wins, now I shouldn't screw this up or we'll end up losing and wait for another year to pass the exam.

"Fiz, you're up!"

I went to the stage and stared at the cloaked man in front of me. He was a bit taller and a bit muscular if I add. I saw something moving from his behind and saw that he has a tail. The curiosity on me grew as seconds passed by.

A seemingly disturbing sound emitted from the man in front as he proceeded to rip the cloak he was under on. The air became thicker and it felt like I was being swallowed by darkness. This is a familiar feeling felt whenever we execute special-grade cursed spirit back in my hometown.

"Could it be,"

I stared at its eyes that resembled those of a fish. I wondered how the management got to have this monster on their hands. Special-grade cursed spirits is a threat to a public and shouldn't be underestimated how much damage it will dealt. The monster smiled widely when he noticed my expressions.

I looked behind me and saw them looking at me worryingly. Well, to be honest, they shouldn't after all I always deal with these kind of monsters before in my hometown. But then again, those were just normal ranking curses. Whenever a special grade cursed spirit appears, I fight alongside with my grandfather so I never got the chance to kill it, individually.

"Eeak Eaak Eeeeeakk Eaakk!"

"I don't know what that means but either way, I'll murder you,"