Chapter Eight

Heidi got some blood bags from her doctor friend at the hospital and kept them in her room for Y/N in case they needed them. Chelsea and Heidi made sure to keep Y/N away from the reception area, not wanting to risk an incident in the castle. Heidi did however get Caius' permission to bring in another human for Y/N as a way of helping her deal with the blood lust she was feeling.

Chelsea and Caius had spent a lot of time with Y/N as she was struggling with feeding. Heidi would ensure their share of the tour was bought to a side room so the three could feed privately as Caius didn't think Y/N was ready to feed with the others. Y/N had been a newborn for about ten days when Felix, Demetri and the twins returned from their mission; reporting to the throne room to update the Kings on the outcome of their mission. All four guard noticed Caius' throne was empty "Caius is with Chelsea and Y/N..." Aro paused when he saw confusion and worry flash across Felix's face "There was an incident about two weeks ago involving Y/N and Afton...Caius had to change Y/N in order to save her" Aro advised them and a loud growl escaped Felix "I'LL KILL HIM" He roared and turned to leave; Demetri grabbed his arm as Marcus spoke "He has already been disposed of...he is nothing but ashes my dear boy" Felix turned around to look at Aro and Marcus "Chelsea is with Y/N?" Demetri asked "Yes, she and Caius haven't left her side since the incident, Heidi has checked in with her regularly when not planning 'tours,' she even got a supply of blood bags for Y/N. Chelsea feels bad for what happened to Y/N and asked to stay and help her" Aro replied "I think being around Y/N has helped Chelsea deal with the loss of Afton, given her...a purpose" Marcus added "Please do not harm Chelsea Felix, she had no part in Afton's plan" Aro warned "How-how did Afton get close enough to attack Y/N?" Felix asked and Aro explained the events of that fateful day including how Santiago saved her from Afton. "Go see Y/N but remember don't spook her as she's probably stronger than you right now" Marcus said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Felix and Demetri made their way to Y/N's room, the twins deciding to wait to the morning as to not overwhelm her. Felix knocked on the door "Only us" He said as he and Demetri entered her room slowly "Felix, Demetri" Caius greeted them "Master" They both replied and bowed their heads "How is she?" Felix asked quietly, looking out to the balcony where Y/N stood with Chelsea "A little jumpy now and then. She struggles a little with her thirst but is relatively calm for a newborn" Caius answered quietly, he looked over his shoulder before continuing "She's worried that this will affect your relationship" Felix said nothing but nodded "Just remember Felix it's my venom in her system no one's else's and it's my bite mark that you will see...just as she sees Aro's mark where he changed you" Caius placed a hand on his arm "Thank you master for saving her and staying with her in my absence" "She is your mate and you two have been through enough in the short time you've been together. She's my creation and it was my duty to show her how to survive in this life. Although I think you two should help her too" Caius replied "Of course master. I'm assuming then she will be with us during her newborn year?" Demetri asked, hope showing in his eyes "Yes, as my creation she is allowed to remain here with us" Caius replied smiling at Demetri and Felix "I'm going to say goodnight and leave you to catch up. Goodnight Y/N" "Goodnight Caius and thank you again" Y/N said as she entered the room "I'll be leaving too, if you need me Demetri knows where to find me" Chelsea said as she too left the room.

"Looking good Y/N" Demetri smiled and gave her a wink; a low growl came from Felix "Shut up" Demetri said as he slapped his arm "You look so beautiful little one" Felix said with a look of adoration on his face "May I?" He held his arms out to her and she nodded, slowly stepping closer to her mate; once she was near enough Felix carefully pulled her into his arms and held her "I missed you Felix" She buried her face into his chest "I missed you too" He replied resting his head on top of hers "I missed you too cara" Demetri added and Y/N laughed "Missed you too Dem."