4.

"Ryleigh," His voice called after me as I was walking to lunch. I stopped and turned around to look at him. The halls were nearly empty now, everyone heading to the lunchroom.

My heart started racing as I tried to think of a way out of the situation. I took a deep breath, which didn't help, cause all I could smell was him. I sighed, giving in. Why do he do this to me? He made me weak.

I turned, walking to his classroom door where he stood.

"What?" I asked, arching an eyebrow to try to keep my cool around him. It always seemed so difficult. My heart was thumping so loud I thought he might be able to hear it, but that's impossible.

His eyes looked down at me as he stood against the doorway, looking all the more attractive.

"I asked if you were okay. I didn't have the chance to-"

"You had the chance. You didn't take it." I shrugged and his lips parted slightly. He always seemed surprised by me, like I always said the opposite of what he was expecting.

He closed his mouth and gave me hard stare. "What are they talking about?" He asked, referring to the girls in class.

"I don't know what you mean." I said, shrugging and looking away from him. I don't know why, but I couldn't look him in the eyes and lie to him. I had been so good at it before.

"I don't believe you. Ryleigh, tell me."

"No!" I yelled them I realized I was being loud and I calmed myself down. "I don't have to tell you anything."

"Then I'll just ask Isaiah, since you two are so chummy." When he said it, his tone was laced with venom. His nose scrunched in disgust when he said Isaiah's name.

"He won't tell you either." I shrugged, knowing Isaiah was my best and most loyal friend.

"Really, because I heard that his parents care a lot more about his grades. If I told him he'd get an F if he didn't tell me..." He trailed off and I snapped my eyes to him.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you care?" I snapped and he didn't even flinch. Instead, he stepped closer, and I didn't think my heart could beat any faster. He looked down, his eyes pouring into mine as if they could find the answer.

"I will find out. One way or another. You can keep playing this avoiding game. But you should know," He leaned in by my ear, his hot breath sending a shiver down my spine. I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths. "I like games."

Then, he stepped back, walking into his classroom. In a daze, I stepped forward too, crossing the threshold to his classroom. I almost didn't process what happened next. It happened so fast. He was in front of me in seconds. A shadow of heat from his arms tickled at my sides as he reached around me and shut the door, my back now leaning against it.

His breath fanned my face as his hands went up on the door beside my shoulders, blocking me in. He leaned in, his eyes dark.

"Don't mess with me, Ryleigh. I know what you are. You can't hide it from me. I'm the same." He said and my eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"I am nothing like you." I grumbled, wanting to back away, but the door and his arms kept me in place.

"Yes, we are. Because I know what happens at night, Ryleigh." He threatened and my eyes went wide. He was seriously freaking me out now. I sunk into myself, shrinking in front of him.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Please." I closed my eyes, wishing I were anywhere else right now. I knew what was going to happen next, because it happened a lot.