13.

"Ryleigh, I know you don't wanna talk, but there's things you don't know. Things you don't understand." Kian pleaded and I rolled my eyes with a scoff.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I groaned, throwing my hands up to my hair and gripping it. I wish everyone would stop treating me like I'm stupid.

"Because it's true!" He sighed, stopping the car in my driveway. I took a deep breath, trying not to get mad as I turned to him.

"He told me to trust him, and he bit me. I don't think it gets any simpler than that." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest. Kian's eyes went wide, flashing to the mark on my neck. His cheeks got pink again and he looked down at his hand.

"Yeah, because he can." He mumbled and my eyes shot open wide. Excuse me? What did he just say?

"What?" I gritted through my clenched teeth and he looked up sheepishly.

"Nothing. Just, call me if anything happens. Okay. I'm sorry." He said and unlocked the car, a silent cue for me to leave. I pursed my lips, nodding and stepping out of the car.

I stared at him for a second before I shut the door. He didn't even look at me before immediately driving off.

I grabbed my jacket and zipped it all the way up, the collar hiding the throbbing wound on my neck as I walked into the house. It was silent as I headed down the hall to my room. Grace was probably watching tv in her room or something.

I took off the jacket and scurried to the bathroom, looking at the holes in my neck. It was purple and swollen. I presumed it was from the punctures. I could almost see it throbbing. However the holes weren't bleeding. They seemed to have closed up on their own, which I didn't quite understand.

The pain pulsates through my whole body and I groaned. I dragged myself back to my room and crawled up in my bed. I pulled the blankets up to my chin and groaned. The pain was worse than my cramps.

My breathing was heavy and my skin was damp with a thin layer of sweat as I froze under my multiple layers of blankets. How could he do that to me? How could he ask me to trust him and then literally sink his teeth in my neck?

The way his eyes turned black. The way his teeth elongated like that. What was he? What am I missing? Why do I feel like the only one left out?

Kian knows. Oliver must know. Maria must know. Are they all the same? What is going on? And why do I feel like I'm going to die.

I closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep to take away the pain. It was hard, but I forced myself to do it.
---
Sometime in the middle of the night, I became warm again and the pain subsided. I smiled in my sleep, snuggling up to my pillow. I could finally sleep now that the pain was gone.
---
When I woke up, I had realized my release was only a dream. I was cold again and the pain was stronger than ever. I lifted my blanket to see I had made a pool of sweat around me in my bed.

I heard my door creak open and Grace's head peaked in.

"Hey, you're gonna be late for school." She said. I sat up and grimaced. She noticed and came rushing over. She examined my face with worried eyes. She pressed her hand to my forehead and gasped, quickly retracting her hand. "Ryleigh, you're burning up."

"I don't feel good." I groaned and she nodded, biting her lip nervously.

"Okay, I'll call the school. If you're not better by tomorrow, I'm taking you to see the doctor. Okay?" She asked me. I nodded, not really paying attention to her words. The pain fogged my mind.

She stood up, looking back at me hesitantly before leaving for work. I climbed out of bed after she was gone and managed my way to the bathroom.

When I was there, I peeled off my wet shirt, examining the mark on my neck. The bruising and throbbing had spread, purple covering the front and back of my whole shoulder now.