18.

"Ryleigh, oh my god! I need to talk to you!" Maria groaned as she pulled me into the locker room for gym.

"What is it?" I asked, grabbing my clothes out of my bag to change. She turned to look at me, her eyes wide and full of guilt. She looked down at her shoes almost out of shame.

"I-I'm sorry, for everything I did. Remington said he told you. I really didn't want to. I just-"

"You had to. He's your alpha." I shrugged, whispering the last part. She sighed, a smile taking place on her face. It wasn't her fault. I'm not mad at her.

"Oh my god, thank you so much for not being mad! I love you." She squealed, wrapping her arms around me. I laughed, shaking her off a bit.

"Why are you so relieved?" I asked, kind of confused at the melodrama. Her eyes widened as she took a step back.

"Because, technically you could ruin my life. You're my Luna." She shrugged and my mouth dropped open. The way she said it made it sound like Mom and Dad. That sounded a little strong. Honestly, it kind of scared me a little. Remington and I had just gotten close. We're not there yet.

"Ih, right. I-I'll see you later." I said, grabbing my stuff and walking out of the locker room. The last bell of the day rang and I headed out the front doors to find Remington waiting for me in his car. My heart thumped nervously in my chest.

He flash and award winning smile as he stepped out of the car. I slowly walked over and his face started to morph into one of confusion.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, immediately rushing over to me and placing his hands on my shoulders. I turned to look at my shoulders which were now tingling and smiled, any nerves I had disappeared.

"I am now." I whispered, reaching up so that my lips barely touched his ear. When I leant back down off my tippy toes, his eyes were a dark brown and staring intensely into mine.

I smirked, loving the way I affected him. His hands gripped my waist and he pushed me up against the car. I sucked in a breath, my eyes focusing on his. Why did he always make me forget about everyone else around us?

"Ryleigh, get in the car." He grumbled and I nodded quickly. I went to the other side of the car and got in just as he did. One of his hands immediately flew to my leg and the other went to start the car. He flashed down the roads, and I quickly realized we were headed towards his house.

"Remington, you're going really fast." I pointed out and he turned to me. His eyes quickly flashed back to gold as his face fell in worry.

"Shit, sorry. It's weird. I never have to worry about it with myself. I'm sorry." He quickly apologized and I smiled, shaking my head.

"It's okay, just scared me a second." I shrugged and his face fell even more.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, really." He started sputtering and I smiled, putting my hand over the one of his on my thigh.

"Remington, I'm okay. I didn't tell Grace I was going to yours after school though." I pointed out. He didn't seem to mind. Actually, he smirked.

"That's okay. Just tell her you're staying at Maria's for the weekend." He suggested and my mouth dropped. He wanted me to stay the whole weekend with him?

I went to protest, but already found my hands reaching for my phone. Grace's messages were already pulled up. God damn the stupid bond thing. I hesitated, biting my lip nervously.

"Ryleigh, it's okay." Remington said, squeezing my thigh lightly to reassure me. I sighed and nodded. He was right. I didn't even have to spend all of it with him. I could spend some of it with Maria.