Chapter 28

The Kangs seemed taken aback by Jieun's words.

"Sweetheart, what do you mean by that?" Ms. Kang asked in a sweet voice but Jieun knew better. Ms. Kang was a murderer, not a caring and loving parent.

"Your men shot Seolhee that day." Jieun said, her eyes darkening with every word she spoke. "She was murdered by you two, not the Phoenixes."

"Jieun-"

Ms. Kang was stopped by her husband who simply adjusted his glasses.

"You're right, Seolhee was killed by our men, but for good reason." Mr. Kang told her. "In fact, I ordered it myself."

"Why would you do such a thing?" Jieun asked in disbelief. "She was your daughter, she was so kind and bright, why would you take away her life?"

"Seolhee had her own flaws." Ms. Kang said, her smile no longer on her face. "She was too kind, she thought the Phoenixes were good."

Wait what?

"Seolhee ended up falling for Jeno." Mr. Kang told her. "She was like you, coming home and asking why we hated the Phoenixes when they nothing wrong. They were just doing their jobs, ridding Neo City from gangs that were tormenting the people."

"I don't understand." Jieun said quietly. "Seolhee, she was in love with Jeno?"

"She was, that shame of a girl." Ms. Kang spat. "After all that we warned her about, she still had the audacity to tell us that the Phoenixes were good."

"Anyways, it was too late anyways. We already had enough information and our plan set." Mr. Kang told her. "Seolhee tried to stop them and tell them the truth, but it was too late for her."

That's when Jieun was able to piece everything together. "You used her as bait!"

"Oh, we did. It was funny." Mr. Kang said, an evil laugh coming out of his mouth at the thought. "The Phoenixes came so quickly once they heard that she was in danger. They even thought they had a chance when she left with them, but of course, we couldn't let that happen. We knew our men weren't strong enough against Taeyong and the last thing we wanted was for Seolhee to spoil our plans."

"So you got her killed?" Jieun exclaimed. "You got your own daughter killed?!"

"She stopped being our daughter when she decided to defend the Phoenixes." Ms. Kang said before a sickening grin spread across her face.

No!

Jieun couldn't believe her own ears. All this time, she thought that the Phoenixes were her enemy, the ones that had Seolhee killed. But it wasn't them, her enemy had been in front of her the entire tim.

"Lucky for you, we already have a plan in place." Mr. Kang said as Jieun looked up, feeling all sorts of emotions as she realized that she had been lied to her entire life. "Thank you so much for your help, Jieun."

When the door burst opened, she was shocked to see Sungchan and Shotaro there. How did they know?

"Everything is ready, Sir." Sungchan told Mr. Kang, politely bowing.

"Good." Mr. Kang said, motioning to Jieun. "Take care of her then."

"Sungchan, Shotaro, please!" Jieun begged but it was no use as they took each of her arms. She was no match for the two males as they tied her to a chair that had been moved to the centre of the room.

Jieun thrashed about but Sungchan was able to reach into her pocket, taking her phone out. Despite how hard she tried, the phone was turned on and unlocked, a billion missed calls and messages from Renjun.