7; I'm Not Gay, I Promise

𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢
Parker's POV

By the time Monday morning comes around, I am still reeling after my day with Miles yesterday.

That one hour that I spent with him left me shaken and confused.

Confused, because of the way my heart palpitated the first time he rolled out from under the car, his skin slicked with sweat and grease. Confused from his flirting prompts, the way he knew my car better than I ever could, and how his mom hugged me like a second son and assumed I was his boyfriend.

I can't even think about that conversation without a blush pulling at my cheeks. The weirdest thing is I couldn't point out one prominent emotion currently swirling inside me. I'm simply a mess of blissfulhappyangry with a side of sadfearfullostcharmed.

Thinking about my inner turmoil makes me feel sick to my stomach. I hate that Miles did this to me— especially with no reason. There's no way to fix this issue except to snip it in the bud.

I've got to start avoiding Miles. Really, I should've never interacted with him in the first place. No part of him fits inside my inner circle.

Unfortunately, Miles isn't my only problem this morning. The other problem comes in a blonde-hair-blue-eyed package.

I didn't think Hannah would read into that kiss we shared the other night so much, but here she is, following me around ever since I first stepped foot into the school. She even had the nerve to find me after my day's first class.

"... I'm getting really nervous about the math midterms next week. I don't feel prepared at all," Hannah keeps talking as she walks next to me.

I shrug and glance at her as we turn down the hallway that leads to my history class. She's throwing dark, discreet looks at every girl that watches us walk past.

"I'm sure that you will be fine. Just study some more this week," I reply dryly and look away from her swinging hair. I hate to come off as a jerk, except my bullshit-radar is going off. She's probably looking for a 'study buddy'.

"Mm, I dunno, I have a hard time studying math by myself..."

Yep, there it is. I was waiting for her to say that.

I stop outside Greyson's classroom door and turn to give her a look that I hope isn't too revealing of my feelings for her.

The nonexistent feelings that is.

"Huh. Well, the teachers always go on about the great study groups around here. I'm sure there's a group that would love for you to join."

Hannah quirks her perfectly penciled eyebrows at me. "Or, you could help me out...? Ali always says you're amazing in your guys' precalc class."

I hesitate and run my thumb over the cover of my notebook. Hannah offers me a sweet half -smile. It's a far-crying difference from Miles playful smile— shit. Even when I'm near the hottest girl in my grade, my thoughts stray to that kid.

I probably need a good night of 'studying' to clear my head. Right as I open my mouth to give her an answer, Greyson speaks from behind my shoulder.